Lighting bug, making game unplayable.

Avarice

After 240 hours of smooth sailing, I've got this lighting bug that just happened where all my light sources are displaying very little, if any, visible light until I walk right up to them.

I have a mod to check light levels and it's showing in the red, and some of my animals even vanished from no light despite there being plenty of lanterns in my barn. 

I tried the /debug cr  command and it actually made everything darker instead of fixing the issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

I suppose your home is high up in the sky... The dark sh*t has something to do with the weather, low clouds or haze, or something similar. If you find a way to clear the weather, this should fix it. I also tried the ".debug cr" thingy + several other (weather related) commands, none of which had the desired effect, so I packed some patience and everything went back to normal after a few in-game days, when the weather has cleared. The haze comes back occasionally, though, more commonly during the winter. This dark effect seems do dissipate rapidly with decreasing the height you are at, so, may be it is worthy to move your barns lower in the world...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.