even on 1.17.9 mods for 1.17.9 do not show up for activation despite being in the correct location

MilkTheCow_VR

Having just tried the Open Mods Folder button, it indeed takes me to  C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Mods where I have the mods I am using. If you could tell us where it takes you, someone may be able to point you to where your problem is.

Also after you have placed the mods at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Mods , you need to click Reload Mods to see them in the  mods UI.

Edited by Hells Razer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hells Razer said:

Having just tried the Open Mods Folder button, it indeed takes me to  C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Mods where I have the mods I am using. If you could tell us where it takes you, someone may be able to point you to where your problem is.

Also after you have placed the mods at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Mods , you need to click Reload Mods to see them in the  mods UI.

Most times there's been weirdness, I've found that simply deleting:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Cache

and letting it regenerate fixes problems. Also, make sure you remove older versions of the mod. Both the older and newer version generally show up in the list, but switching to the non-default (usually, maybe always the newer one) does not consistently work.

[EDIT]

Are you sure that's the default, @Hells Razer? My installs open in VintagestoryData\Mods, not in simply Vintagestory\Mods. Both have a Mods directory, but I've had problems using the other one.

Incidentally, @MilkTheCow_VR, you might make sure only the game files are in Vintagestory\Mods. That is, both a .dll and .pbd of Essentials, Creative and Survival.

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.