It is very unclear that I am creating a "forum" account when buying the game

Ragnaman

This is more of a feedback,

All I wanted to do was create a game account, buy the game, play the game.
Now I have created a forum account despite me not using forums the last 10y and I doubt I will in future, and I still have to create another account just to play the game ?
This is not clear from the UI when purchasing a game, I would have created a complete trash account, now it carries my alias that I would rather not have on some forum.

Regards

Just ask for the mods to change it. I ran into the same thing, but because I thought I had to supply real information for the payment processing, my account started with my real name.

You can change it periodically, (every month or so, I think) but I suspect they would honor your request.

I think all that matters is the email address you use and the password. From time to time you need to enter that to play the game, at least online. I don't believe I've ever seen that screen when I had my connection disabled.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.