Can't log in on different pc

Not LONE
Go to solution Solved by Not LONE,

Every time I try to log in it says "Unable to connect to auth server...", I can open auth.vintagestory.at via browser, I have disabled windows firewall, and I am running .NET framework 4.6.2 (old pc windows 7). Any ideas what might be an issue?

Edited by Not LONE

• Not LONE changed the title to Can't log in on different pc

Do you have any other defenders, such as Bitdefender? You need to allow auth.vintagestory.at to its list if so. Otherwise, I've seen the 2 account thing trip people up. The forum account is not the same as the account you bought the game on, which is what you log in with.

• Solution

I have managed to fix it by doing random updates and installing wierd pirates fixes for windows 7 since not all files are available from microaoft website. And i had no defenders this was a relatively fresh install with no defenders and antivitus software.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 9:59 PM, Not LONE said:

I have managed to fix it by doing random updates and installing wierd pirates fixes for windows 7 since not all files are available from microaoft website. And i had no defenders this was a relatively fresh install with no defenders and antivitus software.

Sorry, but this is extreme security risk. Installing pirate patches itself is like giving your PC away for everyone. Not using antivirus on that old, not supported system is not helping as well.

If you don’t want to use Win10, than reconsider using some Linux distribution.

Something user friendly like Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, ...

Vintage Story runs fine and with Steam proton and Lutris, you can play a lot of windows games as well.

2 hours ago, daretmavi said:

Sorry, but this is extreme security risk. Installing pirate patches itself is like giving your PC away for everyone. Not using antivirus on that old, not supported system is not helping as well.

If you don’t want to use Win10, than reconsider using some Linux distribution.

Something user friendly like Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, ...

Vintage Story runs fine and with Steam proton and Lutris, you can play a lot of windows games as well.

This build does not contain anything aside from Vintage Story for now but it will not have any important data. It's security is of no concern to me, it is not that I don't want to use windows 10 it is that this pc will most likely run badly on it and i have no intentions of using linux again because of bad compatibility with a lot of windows programs. Now as I am less fammiliar with forums, do I close the topic or leave it so someone with problem simmilar to mine can ask for help?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.