Are there any anti-griefing systems in place in multiplayer servers?

CalciferAtlas
Go to solution Solved by Digitalr,

I'm hesitant on playing this game in a server because I feel like if I do, all of my created items and resources will either get stolen or destroyed by other players. The game that I'm thinking of that prevented that is Blockland, Any placed items cannot be modified by other players unless they're trusted by the player.

This is more of a problem in Vintage Story than Minecraft because the resources in this game requires a larger time investment to acquire them.

I'm also keen on a system that gives players their own section that can't be modified by other players.

1 hour ago, Digitalr said:

Vintage story have built-in land claim system.

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php/Land_claiming

That's great that it's already built into the game rather than being a mod. How about dropped items when other players kill you? Do most servers use that corpse mod that drops a skeleton upon death that can't be modified by other players?

EDIT: Also, hopefully, a UI for land claiming will be added in the future. I always find all text based commands janky to use.

Edited by CalciferAtlas

10 hours ago, CalciferAtlas said:

That's great that it's already built into the game rather than being a mod. How about dropped items when other players kill you? Do most servers use that corpse mod that drops a skeleton upon death that can't be modified by other players?

EDIT: Also, hopefully, a UI for land claiming will be added in the future. I always find all text based commands janky to use.

You can turn dropped items off (we do not have dropped items on our server). We also do not currently have PVP enabled. Just gotta find a server that has the settings you would like (or make one if you want).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.