Trying to patch modded recipes throws errors and doesn't seem to work

Hi, I'm trying my hand at modding VintageStory to add some mod-compatibility to certain mods on my Server, but when I try to remove a recipe from a mod it doesn't work and tells me the path doesn't exist. I don't really see why tho, as I tried to use the format just as I saw it on the Wiki and in another mod. Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong here? I'm basically (for testing) trying to remove the recipes for firewood from Primitive Survival, but i get this:

3.5.2023 13:34:36 [Error] Patch 1 (target: primitivesurvival:recipes/grid/firewood.json) in compatmod:patches/primitivesurvival/remove-firewood-in-grid.json failed because supplied path /1 is invalid: The json path /1 was not found. No such element '1' at the root path

when I start the game with the patch enabled. The file path should actually be exactly the path to the recipe file tho and the recipe file has two entries...

Oh btw this would be my patch file at the moment:

[
	{
		"file": "primitivesurvival:recipes/grid/firewood.json",
		"op": "remove",
		"path": "/0",
		"side": "server"
	},	
	{
		"op": "remove",
		"path": "/1",
	}
]

Edited by Burgersim

Ah ok thx

So I would do something like this:

{
		"op": "add"
		"path": "/0",
		"value": "enabled: false",
	}

Edited by Burgersim

Well it almost works now, but I still somehow have a recipe for Firewood that I'm not able to find. It seems to only use debarked Vanilla Logs, but no idea where it comes from. I was able to deeactivate every other instance of such recipes tho, thx

Found the recipe, it was "hidden" inside a file that I wouldn't have assumed contained that recipe tbh xD

Edited by Burgersim

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.