Map icon interface

Erinaceous

Hey all! HUGE new fan of this spectacular game! I bought a four-pack for a friend's birthday and we all had a blast figuring things out and exploring your gorgeous world!

I've only got one, extremely minor, hangup so far, and it's about the map! I'm a big mapper - love marking resources for later investigation, color-coding things, all that good stuff. And I love that your game allows me to do that! But I habitually close the icon menu after entering the icon, color, and name because I've pressed 'enter' after inserting the name and intuitively feel that I've completed the task - when in fact I need to go back to my mouse to click 'save' before closing.

My question for the developers is: would it be difficult to change the map icon interface so that a second use of the 'enter' key might serve as a way to save the icon and close the window? It would be a lovely quality-of-life change for mappers like myself.

Thanks for reading! Love you!

• Like 2

Welcome to Vintage Story!  

I love your idea because I ran into the same thing after typing my waypoint title.  I don't know how much the developers peruse this forum, but have you thought about modding the game until such behavior is implemented in the base game?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.