[Solved] Need help with JSON patching

Bumber

I'm trying to make it so that sleek doors can be used for cellars, and carcass despawn time can be changed. I used the guide on the wiki and looked at some other mods. My mod doesn't seem to do anything, so I must be missing something.

Here's my patch, located in bumberstweaks/patches/patch.json in my mod zip:

[
  {
    "file": "game:blocktypes/wood/woodtyped/door",
    "op": "replace",
    "path": "/attributes/airtightByType/door-sleek*",
    "value": true
  },
  {
    "file": "game:blocktypes/bone/carcass",
    "op": "replace",
    "path": "/attributes/transientProps/inGameHours",
    "value": 336,
    "condition": { "when": "carcassDespawnHours", "useValue": true }
  }
]

The first one doesn't make a room a cellar (according to the Status HUD mod.) I suspect the issue might be the asterisk, but I'm not sure what to do instead.

The second one doesn't create a world config carcassDespawnHours, and still doesn't work if I remove the condition and change the value to 24 (according to Extra Info mod.)

I've got a modinfo.json, and the mod shows up properly in the mod list. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Fixed the first issue by putting bumberstweaks in a folder called assets.

Edited by Bumber

Your Problem probably is that a door does not only consist of door blocks. With the new update every door consists of one door block and the rest of the width and height of it is filled with generic multiblock blocks. So maybe if you patch them too you might have a chance.

I don't see anything about airtightness in the multiblock or block shape JSONs. Sleek doors don't really differ from solid doors in these.

Is there any way to check which changes have been applied in game? I'm not very familiar with debug mode.

Figured out that the primary issue was not putting my changes in a folder called "assets".

Still don't know how to make a value configurable and automatically add "carcassDespawnHours" to the world config.

Edit: Looks like I can add the config manually using /worldconfigcreate and it works. There seems to be an issue with custom worldconfig values showing up with /worldconfig, however.

Edit II: worldconfig issue fixed in v1.18.10.

Edited by Bumber

• Bumber changed the title to [Solved] Need help with JSON patching

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.