Time Settings...

Xandyr1978
Go to solution Solved by Streetwind,

Hallo, fellow Storytellers!  I have a question: I'd had an issue and tried to pull my game back from summer (August) to Spring (June).  I used the setmonth command, not thinking, and now my world is a year further down the road. I was wondering if there was a way to reverse time in VS, as I'd like to get that year back.  I understand that this probably isn't possible, but is there a way to set the year in the same way we set the month?

• Solution

Unfortunately this is not possible. VS allows you to do a lot of different things to the ingame time, through different commands, but the one thing you are never allowed to do is go backwards in time. In fact, the dev team is very quick to patch out any loophole that surfaces which lets you do so.

The reason for this is simple: reversing time tends to corrupt your save. A lot. Often, that corruption is irreversible, leading to a total loss of the whole savegame (unless you had a backup).

And honestly, why is it so important which year you are in? You wanted to go back to spring, and the command made it happen. That the date is slightly different doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 2:42 PM, Streetwind said:

Unfortunately this is not possible. VS allows you to do a lot of different things to the ingame time, through different commands, but the one thing you are never allowed to do is go backwards in time. In fact, the dev team is very quick to patch out any loophole that surfaces which lets you do so.

The reason for this is simple: reversing time tends to corrupt your save. A lot. Often, that corruption is irreversible, leading to a total loss of the whole savegame (unless you had a backup).

And honestly, why is it so important which year you are in? You wanted to go back to spring, and the command made it happen. That the date is slightly different doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

I thought this might be the case, so I wasn't too concerned.  My biggest issue was that jumping forward like that destroyed all the stored food I had, and my garden was just getting started (I'm slow to progress, LOL).  I realize I could just use commands to give myself the items back, but instead I've opted for just replanting and foraging to rebuild my stores, and chalk the use of the command up to a lesson learned.

Thanks for taking the time to respond @Streetwind. I very much appreciate it, even if it took me a bit to catch that you'd left an answer.  Appreciate you!

• Cookie time 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.