Wind Changing Arrow Trajectory ? / Bow Range

ArthoPleura
Go to solution Solved by Thorfinn,

Everithing is in the title. Does the wind change arrow directory ? I just downloaded the game and i know this game aim to be somewhat realistic, so, before missing all of my shots, i would like to ask ...

I have a world where i have actualy very strong wind and i'm a bit scared right now to miss all my shots right at the beginning ...

If it is not the case, is it planned in the future ?

• Solution

I don't think so? Missile accuracy definitely leaves something to be desired, though, especially if you chose a class that gets a penalty.

Don't worry about wasting arrows. You are going to miss a lot no matter what you do. I finally gave up using bows entirely. I don't know if it's that spears have a little better accuracy, or it just doesn't take as many hits to bring something down, or that they are easier to find after use, or what, but I just have a lot better luck with spears.

• Thanks 1

• ArthoPleura changed the title to Wind Changing Arrow Trajectory ? / Bow Range

I played the whole day, and honestly, the accuracy of the hunter (i mostly played with him) is okay, especially when i then tryed with other classes and definitely felt the lack of range ...

Honestly, i don't like throwing a spear, because it would mean throwing my only weapon. And making a lot take a lot of space i don't have at the start of the game. While arrows certainly does not as much damage, but take a lot less room and have a way bigger range. I can't snipe an ennemy while unspotted without towering up with a spear, and i play with soil gravity on. It doesn't help.

But even after playing mainly with the hunter, i also feel like the range could be improved. without the hunter, i feel like a bow is useless ...

About the wind, what i am actualy scared of is not loosing arrows, but loosing even more. With the hunter, i can have a bow very soon and when i get it i must be a bit cautious about wasting my arrows. i don't have a lot of materials yet, and wasting arrows before defeating an enemy is actually a concern for me ... I can make a lot if i take the time to gather all the ressources needed but i have too eat too so even after a hour of gameplay i still have to be a bit cautious about the amount of arrows i have ...

When i asked the question, i just begin somewhere with very little vegies but a lot of goats and chickens. with the hunter, i managed to get bow and about 12 arrows in my first day, and i was concerned about the wind taking my dinner away ... so i asked the qestion. Right now, there was "a wolf in sheep's clothing" (if you get the ref) , very well hidden behind the grass, so i began a new world, but now that i asked the question, i feel like it could matter later.

When playing as a hunter you don't really need to be concerned about wasting arrows, certainly not at the start, because you can make arrows with just flint and sticks. They have a high chance to break and do little damage, but with how cheap they are you can simply fire away from a long enough distance. Having said that, if you are ok with mods I would highly suggest you get the bullseye mod which changes how ranged combat works. It works far closer to real world archery, and makes accuracy more player dependent instead of being a cone. Moral of the story is to make more crude arrows and don't worry about losing or breaking them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.