Where is the brown?

Marlim

Where are the brown woods? Don't get confused, think with me, in the game we have different colored woods and that's great, we have green, orange, red, yellow, white, purple wood and other tones, but what about brown? You could argue that yes, we have brown woods, like oak, kapok, ebony or walnut, and yes, maybe this really is a brown, but I'm referring to more specific colors and tones, walnut has a more gray tone. a cool tone and ebony is a mixed wood.
   My suggestion is to add new wood with darker tones, or brown in color, like the spruce or dark oak in Minecraft, I know that like me, other players feel this lack of darker wood, especially those who came from Mina or who usually build, perhaps a new spruce forest or a new rare dark oak would be a good idea.
This would provide more construction possibilities, allowing the construction of cozier or darker and gloomier environments.

An example is the SpucedUp (https://mods.vintagestory.at/sprucedup) mod that changes the texture from pine to spruce. (I'm not asking for a texture change, just the addition of a new tree with dark brown tones)

Suggestion on discord: https://discord.com/channels/302152934249070593/1187945677817380935/1187945677817380935

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b23ccdd6c3f0c746526fbe2c31afb18b.pngimage.png.4f6e6f04f26393806db2acf2e8d89020.pngimage.thumb.png.b5069f3c410e0ca8999d8df3ab368cb1.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Keep in mind a lot of that Brown you see for furniture is mostly the stain and lacquer, and for external building material is a stain and lots of treating chemicals

iirc we'd need entirely new trees to handle naturally brown woods, though tannin staining would be a neat idea to get a modern-alike brown wood

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.