When to start with the new version (brand new world v.1,19)?

Grummsh
Go to solution Solved by Streetwind,

Hi!

I have played Vintage Story for like ~200h alltogether at this point but i havent played in a while. I do have an itch to come back and i want to start a brand new world with 1.19.

The question is can I kinda safely do this now with the rc.6? Or should I just wait for the realese version? Pros/cons of both options? Im starting small break from work soon to recharge and wanted to spend some hours in game with the new version and im afraid realese of 1.19 wont be ready yet :D

Will be happy with some insights thx in advance ;)

• Solution

If you have a specific window of playtime coming up, I'd say use it! The release candidates are not bug-free, and many mods will not be updated to work for them. But so long as you are okay with that, there's nothing else standing against it. There will not be any breaking changes or feature additions between the RCs and the stable version - it's all just bugfixing at this point. So a world you start now will migrate to stable just fine, especially if you do not use mods.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.