my chickens cant find the way to their troughs and henboxes

M0th
Go to solution Solved by M0th,

I recently built this chicken coop, it has hen boxes and troughs inside of it but I feel the chickens never go inside. They do sometimes walk into the wood beams (chiseled wood planks) that the coop is standing on though, like the white rooster in this image. Could it be that the chiseled blocks are messing up the chickens pathfinding? Are chickens generally not able to find their way up stairs whether chiseled or not? Or am i simply not being patient enough?

2024-01-16_20-02-23.thumb.png.8e90165ada85b9134e614c92e0d3cfb6.png

Die Hühner werden nicht in das Häuschen gehen. Das gibt das Spiel wohl nicht her. Stellen Sie  die Tröge und Kisten am besten vor die Tür. 

Ach und noch was: die Öllampen auf den Zäunen nehmen die Funktion des Zäune weg, das Tiere nicht darüber springen. Nehmen Sie sie herunter, sonst bekommen Sie vermutlich ungebetenen Besuch. Sie können die Lampen einfach ind das Gehege Stellen. Die Tiere verbrennen sich nicht daran. Oder das wäre mir neu. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Juli-bw said:

Die Hühner werden nicht in das Häuschen gehen. Das gibt das Spiel wohl nicht her. Stellen Sie  die Tröge und Kisten am besten vor die Tür. 

Ach und noch was: die Öllampen auf den Zäunen nehmen die Funktion des Zäune weg, das Tiere nicht darüber springen. Nehmen Sie sie herunter, sonst bekommen Sie vermutlich ungebetenen Besuch. Sie können die Lampen einfach ind das Gehege Stellen. Die Tiere verbrennen sich nicht daran. Oder das wäre mir neu. 

Danke für den Öllampen Tip!

• Solution

I was able to fix this by placing another row of blocks under the outside wall, where in the picture the rooster was walking. I've also chiseled these, so it doesn't seem to be the chiseled blocks that were interfering with the chickens path finding, just the fact that the wall and floor were only diagonally adjacent to each other instead of being connected. Chickens can find their way inside now!

• Amazing! 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.