Unstable region

Tevok

Hi, i had a question about unstable regions, it seems like i missed that the area where i decided to make my home base is unstable. Is the only choice to move my entire home base or do i have other options? Cus the unstable regions never change do they? I noticed after i installed the Status Hud Continued mod. i Must have somehow missed that the cogwheel was spinning since i was out foraging for the most part.

If it were me, I wouldn't bother moving. Probably the only time it would ever matter is if you let your stability get too low right before a temporal storm. So long as you have something to do -- a smithy or kitchen or something as an outbuilding enough blocks away that you are recovering, maybe even a fenced in field/garden, that should be enough to top you up as needed. You can always use more charcoal, so building a pit somewhere near your trees would also get you out of the problem area.

If it were me, I absolutely would bother moving. Returning home with low stability and not being able to recover is rather annoying.

You can also disable temporal stability in an existing game. IMO, temporal stability doesn't really add a challenge. It's more like an annoyance and time sink.

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php/World_Configuration#Temporal_stability

Right. It depends on what you think the role of having a "home base" in VS is. If you want a safe place to kick back, relax, maybe sleep your life away, you want somewhere with positive energy. I see a "home base" as nothing more than a place to drop off stuff between adventures. It makes no difference to your stuff which way the gear is turning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.