How to roll back a version?

McAlli
Go to solution Solved by Thorfinn,

Hello.

I used the auto-updater to update to 1.19.3 but would like to continue to play on my 1.18.15 world with mods. I can't find the download and I'm not sure how to roll back my game version. Could someone please let me know how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

• Solution

There's not really a rollback that I know of. If you saved a copy of your world, you can create a parallel 18.15 install 

and copy your backup over to that install.

If you don't have a pre 19 save, good luck. I've never had luck with that.

[EDIT]

Oh, missed the other part of the question.

Click on the "Client Area" at the top of this page, and look for "(Show all available downloads and mirrors of Vintage Story)"

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn

Really? That's so strange. When I got the crash report window (I accidentally loaded a 1.19 world with my mods activated), it told me to consider playing an older version. That made me assume that there was a way to roll back.

Update: I was able to just use the installer again to roll back! I deleted everything in the Roaming/VintageStory folder since my saves were in a different place, and just reinstalled at 1.18.15! It's loaded and seems to be working perfectly!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.