Plants growing irregularly.

UnknownFox

Edit: Currently on 1.9.0 due to mods I wanted, none that change or should be affecting farming itself

So first winter, finally got making a greenhouse and the temperature, while still hitting negatives, was still within the parameters  even before Greenhouse bonus for Rye to grow pretty steadily so I planted them. Ensured they was solid base under as well incase that was the issue from last time (like not just 1 tile of floating soil). It has been almost a week and most are still in Stage 1, one is on Stage 3. So is this normal or is the cold possibly slowing down the growth and just not all plants are hit by it?
image.thumb.png.96a2268a070f224a1a59cda0277b7106.png

Edited by UnknownFox

This could be related to being on the edge of freezing. Farmland will not process crop growth at all when at or below 0°C. So if it's colder than 0°C at night and warmer than that during the day (or -5°C in your case, with the greenhouse bonus), the farmland regularly switches back and forth between growing and not growing. Which could potentially lead to it aborting progress before the crop had a chance to reach the next stage. Since that process is partly randomized, some crops might make it in time and some might not.

That said, I've seen various people post about crops stuck at stage 1 for long periods of time in 1.19, even during warm seasons. I'm not sure if there's actually a bug, or if it's a coincidence that a number of new players came in and were caught off guard by the long crop growth times compared to other similar games. But I don't recall seeing many such posts in the past.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.