Iron anvil won't assemble?

Michael Gates

New 1.19.5 world. Got myself to iron and made an iron anvil the usual way with the top and the bottom and the borax and the hammering to weld the halves together. Worked fine, I get a "Tier 3 Iron Anvil".... except.

When I try to break the anvil to haul it up to my helve hammer installation, it breaks BACK INTO THE PARTS. I've got a top, bottom, and borax again, not an anvil!

Is this a deliberate thing with the new build? Do I have to make anvils in place now?

Yes this is a bug, i tried doing it in various ways and its bugged in multi as well.
I recommend just cheating the whole anvil from gamemode creative and throwing away the 2 anvil pieces and 1 borax.

I just updated to 1.19.5, and assembling the iron anvil won't even happen.

I put the hot bottom part down, borax on it, top part on. Then I start hammering, but it never turns into an anvil. The top part just keeps going down with every strike, gets under the borax layer, and under the bottom part.

Schermafdruk 2024-03-23 15.06.56.png

Schermafdruk 2024-03-23 15.07.30.png

Schermafdruk 2024-03-23 15.08.04.png

I've just run into the same issue. I smithed both the top and base of the iron anvil separately, kept them heated, and followed the steps to create (place base, shift-click powdered borax, place top, hammer). I just keeps hammering the top lower and lower into the base, probably ~30 times before I finally gave up and broke it, reclaiming both pieces of the anvil and the borax.

I saved & quit, reloaded the world, and tried again, and it worked as expected. I broke the iron anvil a couple times to test if it would break as a complete anvil, and it did just fine.

So it appears simple exiting & reloading the world after crafting the top & base and *then* attempting to assemble should get around the bug.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.