Incorporate expanded wildlife mods into stable

Ben Mak

Ever since I've played using expanded wildlife mods like Creatures and Critters, Fauna of the Stone Age and various mods by Hieronymus the world just feel empty and baron with out them, now I see that there is some extra small creatures being added that are in the pipe line but they still fall flat of what these mods are already accomplishing, Maybe there's some technical limitations I am not seeing but seems like the most simple and efficient approach would be to just integrate those already existing mods.

Even if it's only a reskin, it takes time to do. Tyron has a vision, and if that vision includes major graphical changes (see the latest minor change in the model for wolves) every model will have to be updated, slowing down or even discouraging new implementations. Over the long haul, I'd imagine critters would be handled similarly to mods now -- just enable whichever creature pack mods you want.

Fortunately, the way the mod system works, you can have all those critters without slowing down mainline development.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.