Can I import a player saves and world to a new account?

Pulpinisa
Go to solution Solved by Thorfinn,

Hi, I tried the game recently in a friend pc and I loved it so much that when I had to return the pc I bought the game, the problem is that I want to keep my progress.

I copied all the saved data (bassically all the folder in roaming in case there was trouble) but when I start the world with my new account obviusly I don't have the same player.

Is there any way to get my friend's account inventory and map and put it in my new character?

Thanks in advance!

14 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

Does the world itself show up in Load Game or whatever it's called?

Yes, I can play in it but it makes me create a new character.
My friend's player data is in the PlayerData.json next to my new account data, so I guess the inventory and waypoints are somewhere related to my friend's player data saves

I've never tried to migrate a save from someone else's username.

If you log into your friend's game [EDIT] on his machine [/EDIT] with your credentials, does it make you create a new character? Or do you see the old one?

Edited by Thorfinn

25 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

I've never tried to migrate a save from someone else's username.

If you log into your friend's game [EDIT] on his machine [/EDIT] with your credentials, does it make you create a new character? Or do you see the old one?

If I use my credentials it makes me create a character (the first time I log in), I could just make a new one and get my things but the waypoints would still be lost and that'd be quite annoying since I have like 100

• Solution

You could try one of the waypoint sharing mods. I don't use the map, so have no idea how any of them work. But if your friend opened his game up to MP, you could join, then, I guess at least in theory, get the waypoints into your name, too. 

14 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

You could try one of the waypoint sharing mods. I don't use the map, so have no idea how any of them work. But if your friend opened his game up to MP, you could join, then, I guess at least in theory, get the waypoints into your name, too. 

Thank you so much! I hadn't thought of that and it worked beautifully, I could even update to the new version with no problems. I had to redo the character but it wasn't a big deal, I just left my things in a chest. Someone had made a mod for exporting waypoints so I just had to export and import them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.