How long does it takes to respawn

ArthoPleura
Go to solution Solved by LadyWYT,

Hello everyone.

I know goats spawns have been limited by the devs, and in my current world, i spawned near some. After reading a lot of comments about that, i felt so lucky ! But, for food and leather reasons, i had to kill one and i didn't saw any other after that. It's not too long ago, and i know they'll end up respawning, but, i have no idea how much time it could take ... anybody else do ? I would like to know in order to choose wether i rush domestication, metalworking and planks, or if i take my time and discover the mods i downloaded (not that i couldn't take my time anyway, but i would like to have a sustainable supply of food other than vegetable and especially of cheese which could whitstand winter not too late in the year) .

no idea personally, but what i did is set a self-imposed territory for myself.

Anything between the Eastern side of the mountain and the Ocean is "my Territory" and i shouldn't hunt the tameable animals because i might need them later.

Anything to the West of the mountains is "The Wilds" and is free-game all year round. So if i need Meat, Leather, or more commonly Fat, i go over there.

Personally I've found that Predators like Wolves and Bears provide a good source of leather and fat, and while you can't do much with their meat, it's still better then nothing. If you want a reliable meat food source though, i recommenced setting up near a small pond with Salmon in it, those things re-spawn daily, so it's an almost infinite supply.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I agree for wolves and bears, it's a good leather source. And for fishs, they don't spawn daily since i feel like my mods prevent them from spawning at all (no idea which one though) , or at least in my current world i didn't found any yet. But that's not that much of an issue since primitive survival + the fishing rod mod allow me to get some anyway.

Also, the area i'm in contain plenty of animals to hunt (even almost too much, i'm a bit tired of being harrassed by wolves, lions and mooses, and when i get rid of them a bear spawn in my fields) . I'm not worried about meat at all, i have so much some rot before i could eat it (would be great if i had that kind of spawn locations in my previous worlds ... )

The most important reason why i want goats is for milk (and cheese) . That's not really that i care about balancing my diet, it's more like i would like to try a lot of different meals the game allow us to get.

Thanks for telling me fishs respawn every days, i didn't knew that ^^

Also, small update for this topic : i found more goats further while looking for stones (building material) and i found a gound amount of grain (not to mention the every annoying animal invasion which while putting my nerves in some kind of a challenge, still give good amount of meat) , so i'm set for the incoming winter, and i'm not really that much in a hurry anymore.

Edited by ArthoPleura
completion
  • Like 1

• Solution

It kinda depends. Sometimes you can play for hours without seeing more creatures spawn(at least, where you would expect them to spawn). Sometimes you can kill a couple and there's four more to replace them a few minutes later. I'm of the same general mindset as @TamTroll, in that I tend to forgo hunting certain animals that are near my base, and instead go hunting abroad where I don't really care if the local population gets temporarily wiped out.

One trick you can also try, at least in a singleplayer world, is exiting the world and re-entering. That should reset all the spawns and give you more animals to find.

Didn't knew that one ^^

I don't think it will work with my modded creatures, but since i don't have anything for goats, i guess if i whipe them all by accident, i'll know how to make them come back swiftly now

17 minutes ago, ArthoPleura said:

I don't think it will work with my modded creatures

Depends on the modded creatures. If it's Fauna of the Stone Age types, the same rules should apply, as I have used those mods and done that with success.

Well, my creatures mods are indeed the fauna of the stone age series, in addition to the bug net series from hieronimus, so thanks for the precision, i can't wait to have this stupid steppe lion to spawn again !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.