Trees dropping/bearing seeds and squirrels

Booker42

So I was thinking that instead of having to bash leaves all the time to drop some seeds it would be nice to have them generate seeds like apple trees grow apples. This would make a lot of sense for walnut tree and as I sit here looking outside as maple seeds spin to the ground it is a little odd that you can only get one or two seeds from a tree.

Also squirrels to eat them would be neat, and I think if apples would fall and attract deer and similar would be cool too.

Yes, though that would drastically affect propagation rates. One or two pine trees would give a stack of cones, which, if they function as presently do, is an entire woodlot, but a lot less effort, and if only 1 or 2 of that stack sprouted to keep the rates similar to present balance, would just be a hassle to players. It's nice to know that if you do get a purpleheart sapling, you will end up with a purpleheart tree in a suitable location of your choosing.

1 hour ago, Thorfinn said:

Yes, though that would drastically affect propagation rates. One or two pine trees would give a stack of cones, which, if they function as presently do, is an entire woodlot, but a lot less effort, and if only 1 or 2 of that stack sprouted to keep the rates similar to present balance, would just be a hassle to players. It's nice to know that if you do get a purpleheart sapling, you will end up with a purpleheart tree in a suitable location of your choosing.

Maybe make it like apple trees and have a success rate for planting the other trees too. They can have a "young tree" stage too that provides less wood and doesn't produce seeds/nuts/non-existent maple syrup until the following year when it matures.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.