chalk or limestone everywhere is better...

Arsat

I started a new single game this week, I didn't found Limestone too - I walked 2000 blocks arround my base. But that's not so bad - I got lot of flax seeds and Terrapreta and I have mostly flatland - not very big danger from wolves. And after playing 24 realtime hours I have now a complete gambeson-armor ;) - and I own also now 115 flax seeds.

So I need chalk/limestone only for making leather-backpacks. And gambeson bit better than leather armor, and very easy to get this, just keep your eyes open for flax seeds. Now I will use flax for other things, for reparing clothes (for the coming winter) windmill parts, backpacks from flax (until I have leather).

Edited by RobinHood

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the same problem with finding diffrent materials. I think it took me around 150 to 200 hours to find lime, around 400 hours to find iron and now I am 510+ hours in and have yet to find bauxite and it is slowly burning me out. I have yet to look seriously for halite cause I can buy that. As you can see, I am pretty patient, also dont mind grinding, but it is annoying to be this unlucky with availability for resourses that gates the tech tree. I do not spend all my time looking for resourses but I have spent full real life days looking for them and after those days I have to leave the game for weeks at the time cause of annoyance. I could ofcourse start a new world but after many hundred hours I am somewhat attached and there is no real certainty that I will have better luck in a diffrent seed.

I love the grind to a certain point but it can become ridiculous.

I do think that a good solution could be to: 1)make sure traders carry all gatekeeping resources, that means all they are carrying now, but also bauxite and iron ore and others. And 2) have these thing as a possible drop from drifters. That would give the added benefit to make drifter killing and staying awake in temporal storms more interesting.

If you are willing to start a new world however, then you can play around with the settings. I do believe there is a setting that make biomes smaller and more mixed and I know you can up the mineral spawn. I did that in my world to finally find iron and perhaps that can work with bauxite and lime/chalk also, if not, then maby that is something the devs can think about implementing? I do not know how hard that is and if it is even possible.

Edited by Fancygoat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.