Pause Game after Loading

ChilyVanily

Hi,

it would be great if the game would automatically pause after loading.

Since my computer is pretty slow (but for some reason still manages the game pretty well which is amazing) loading takes a few minutes, so i'll often have the game in the background or go away doing something else entirely. But if i then forget about it or come back too late the game is already running and i might get killed or just waste some precious time. So adding the option of making the game pause after loading would be great (maybe putting a simple checkbox next to the savegames or in the loading screen itself).

Loving the game so far,

ChilyVanily

• Wolf Bait 1

• 2 years later...

Vague apologies for necroing such an ancient thread, but this is something I'd absolutely love as well and is also something I don't think I can accomplish via modding (I'm not seeing any ability to pause the game or even open the handbook programatically). Given the load times modded VS can sometimes have, it'd be really nice to be able to just set it to load then go take care of something without having to worry about being attacked or starving or anything!

• 6 months later...

After last update, my potato laptop runs the game way smoother... but takes longer when loading the world. I have to wait 12 to 15 minutes every time just to open the heavyly-modded ones~ I, too, do something else in the meantime, and pausing after loading could be huge.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.