Some small Suggestions

Kaelty

Hey Guys!

I didn't find anything through the search, but since I'm not on the discord I might have missed a discussion on there but lemme try and open a topic about it anyway.

My current gameplay (just finished my T3 Anvil) is strongly dependent on the day/night circle. Even with a torch nights are as dark as they can get (about the same as caves) and unless i darken my room while playing i can't even see more than a few blocks ahead, that holds true even with maxed gamma (which strangly doesn't seem to do much no matter how much i push it to the right).

Now I understand that night is supposed to be dark, but i think that the same light level as a cave is far too dark. As someone who grew up in a small village I know that nights are darker outside the citys but even then stars and moonlight should make a difference. As long as they are not blocked out by trees that is.

My first suggestion is to up the light level under the starry sky by a few levels deppending on weather and moon phase (cloudy weather means no light from stars and a new moon night should be darker than a full moon one)

Another thing i noticed is that making knives is rather costly with sticks, 2 sticks for 2 knives when a single stick is long enough for a spear?

My second suggestion is to change the crafting recipe so that you only need 1 stick and 2 knive blades and get 2 knives out of it. naturally for that to happen we would need to make Knive blades stackable. We could even make the recipe modular and you could use 1-8 knive blades and would get that many knives but allways use a stick, that way preparing in advance would be rewarded

This brings me to my third suggestion. Make tool parts stackable. I don't see why a flat flintshovel head takes the same inventory space than a full 64 stack of cobblestone blocks. I do understand that the tools themselves must remain unstackable (only using one at a time and durabillity) but the same can't be said for the parts.

These three suggestions probably won't change the endgame feeling all that much (except maybe the lightlevels at night) but they would increase what you can do in the early phase of the game where inventory space is still a problem and where the first few nights are spent in some closed off space where you can't do much except making tools and clay stuff.

I would very much like to hear your oppinion on this stuff and maybe you have some suggestions to share as well. I know that longtime players will probably don't find those suggestions necessary, but i do think that the new players would like them as they help getting into the game without making it all that much easier or unrealistic, if anything i think the realism and immersion would increase.

Edited by Kaelty

I agree that the game is too dark now. In a previous version it was made a lot lighter and brighter and I loved it, but 1.12 dropped it back down. Supposedly we can make it as bright as it used to be with a command, but I haven't been able to find any change in gamma that actually makes the nights any less dark. It's causing me genuine eyestrain at this point. It would be one thing if we could just skip the night but until late game there's usually no choice but to play when it's dark out. I'd like to have it bright again.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aira said:

I agree that the game is too dark now. In a previous version it was made a lot lighter and brighter and I loved it, but 1.12 dropped it back down. Supposedly we can make it as bright as it used to be with a command, but I haven't been able to find any change in gamma that actually makes the nights any less dark. It's causing me genuine eyestrain at this point. It would be one thing if we could just skip the night but until late game there's usually no choice but to play when it's dark out. I'd like to have it bright again.

ohh if you want to skip (like i do but it shouldn't be necessary) you can use the "/time set morning" command, just type t to open the chat 👍 at least in singleplayer it works just fine

I usually skip while exploring and work through the night when in my base (smelting, clay, ...) and i agree that playing at night causes some heavy eyestrain unless my room is completly dark.

Edited by Kaelty
added a bit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.