11x11x11 Firepit

Javajoe

2 hours ago, Javajoe said:

I have been working on a 11x11x11 firepit for charcoal these past couple IRL days and finally finished. It only burned 11x11x6. Not really a big deal bug or anything but wanted you to know.

Where did you light the firepit?  On top?  For an 11x11x11 to fully burn, the firepit needs to be in the dead center in all directions.  Not just horizontally, but vertically as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, redram said:

Where did you light the firepit?  On top?  For an 11x11x11 to fully burn, the firepit needs to be in the dead center in all directions.  Not just horizontally, but vertically as well.

That is where I messed up then. Pretty weird to have that the spot to light it at considering you need to cover it all up quick and get out. I had put it dead center at the very top.

Well, that's kind of a chicken/egg thing.  It's not that the size was pre-selected and then the pit location chosen from a bunch of options, was the center.  It's simply the way the code works; the firepit will turn all correctly protected wood piles within a 5 block radius into charcoal.  That's the more accurate way to put it.  People repeat the 11x11x11 thing often, but they neglect to mention that you have to have exact firepit placement for that to work. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.