XLib and XSkills

Xandu

2 hours ago, Xandu said:

Weird. I use these versions and it works for me. If something is wrong you should at least get some kind of error message.

Just to clarify, I was trying to use XSkills v 0.6.11 and XLib v 0.6.10 rc1.  I tried using 6.11 with just 6.10 and it will run, but you can't assign any points at all.

The only way it will work at all is to use v 0.6.10 rc1 for both.

Edited by Pamela Wild

3 hours ago, Snowman1191 said:

Yup the 1.6.0 rc. I'm guessing it has changed enough that it's not playing well with xskills.

Yeah this is probably the issue. I need to adjust my code when a final 1.6 version is out. In the mean time you should not use both mods at once.

1 hour ago, Pamela Wild said:

Just to clarify, I was trying to use XSkills v 0.6.11 and XLib v 0.6.10 rc1.  I tried using 6.11 with just 6.10 and it will run, but you can't assign any points at all.

The only way it will work at all is to use v 0.6.10 rc1 for both.

You should use version xskills v0.6.11 and xlib v0.6.10. The rc versions are test versions before a final release version is released. So v0.6.10 is newer than  v0.6.10-rc.x.

But version v0.6.10-rc.1 should have an issue with assigning skill points that should be fixed with the newer versions. This is normally caused by an disagreement between server and client. When the client 'thinks' you can learn an ability and tries to do so and the server denies it. For example: Due to the changes on the load order with the 1.17 game update the requirements were not loaded properly on the client side. So you were able to try to learn abilities while on the server side you havn't had fullfilled all requirements.

Edited by Xandu
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xandu said:

Yeah this is probably the issue. I need to adjust my code when a final 1.6 version is out. In the mean time you should not use both mods at once.

You should use version xskills v0.6.11 and xlib v0.6.10. The rc versions are test versions before a final release version is released. So v0.6.10 is newer than  v0.6.10-rc.x.

But version v0.6.10-rc.1 should have an issue with assigning skill points that should be fixed with the newer versions. This is normally caused by an disagreement between server and client. When the client 'thinks' you can learn an ability and tries to do so and the server denies it. For example: Due to the changes on the load order with the 1.17 game update the requirements were not loaded properly on the client side. So you were able to try to learn abilities while on the server side you havn't had fullfilled all requirements.

But it doesn't work if I use those.  At least with v0.6.10 rc1, it works somewhat.....

32 minutes ago, Pamela Wild said:

I can if you tell me where I can find it?  I also downloaded the newest files and put them in my game.  The hot bar shows up, but I still can't assign any new points.

I found it.

server-main.txt 73.97 kB · 1 download

I haven't found anything suspicious in the log file. I have no idea what the issue could be.

Not sure if this is related to xskills actually, but this is an error that i did not see before and xskills is one of the recent updates:

Spoiler

[Server Error] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockMeal.SetContents(String recipeCode, ItemStack containerStack, ItemStack[] stacks, Single quantityServings) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Cooking\BlockMeal.cs:line 632

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookedContainerBase.ServeIntoStack_Patch2(BlockCookedContainerBase this, ItemSlot bowlSlot, ItemSlot potslot, IWorldAccessor world)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookedContainerBase.OnContainedInteractStart_Patch1(BlockCookedContainerBase this, BlockEntityContainer be, ItemSlot slot, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityGroundStorage.putOrGetItemSingle(ItemSlot ourSlot, IPlayer player, BlockSelection bs) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BlockEntityGroundStorage.cs:line 766

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityGroundStorage.OnPlayerInteractStart(IPlayer player, BlockSelection bs) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BlockEntityGroundStorage.cs:line 458

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemBlockSimulation.HandleBlockInteract(Packet_Client packet, ConnectedClient client) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\BlockSimulation.cs:line 396

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.HandleHandInteraction(Packet_Client packet, ConnectedClient client) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\Inventory.cs:line 258

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessNetMessage(NetIncomingMessage msg, NetServer mainSocket) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMainNetworking.cs:line 110

On 9/18/2022 at 3:43 PM, Pamela Wild said:

When is the updated version coming out?

I uploaded an update but i couldn't do anything related to your issue since i have still no idea what is causing your problem.

On 9/20/2022 at 2:52 AM, Apostasia said:

What effects does an item's quality from the Blacksmith ability have on it's stats? I remember in previous versions it affected an item's durability, but now it doesn't seem to do that? Only changes the item's attack power, was this an intentional change or is it a bug?

no difference except attack power.png

It was a bug related to how the game changed the handling of durability. Should be fixed now for newly crafted tools. Quality also affectes the mining speed for tools.

16 hours ago, iTzNick said:

Hy, i'm using Xskills on a multiplayer server, i was making an anvil which autocompleted (finishing touches) without having enough ingots added to complete it.
Is this intentional?

This shouldn't be the case. Could be some rare edge case. Made a small change to make sure that this cannot happen again.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, CoB said:

Not sure if this is related to xskills actually, but this is an error that i did not see before and xskills is one of the recent updates:

Hide contents

[Server Error] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockMeal.SetContents(String recipeCode, ItemStack containerStack, ItemStack[] stacks, Single quantityServings) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Cooking\BlockMeal.cs:line 632

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookedContainerBase.ServeIntoStack_Patch2(BlockCookedContainerBase this, ItemSlot bowlSlot, ItemSlot potslot, IWorldAccessor world)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookedContainerBase.OnContainedInteractStart_Patch1(BlockCookedContainerBase this, BlockEntityContainer be, ItemSlot slot, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityGroundStorage.putOrGetItemSingle(ItemSlot ourSlot, IPlayer player, BlockSelection bs) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BlockEntityGroundStorage.cs:line 766

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityGroundStorage.OnPlayerInteractStart(IPlayer player, BlockSelection bs) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BlockEntityGroundStorage.cs:line 458

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemBlockSimulation.HandleBlockInteract(Packet_Client packet, ConnectedClient client) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\BlockSimulation.cs:line 396

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.HandleHandInteraction(Packet_Client packet, ConnectedClient client) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\Inventory.cs:line 258

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessNetMessage(NetIncomingMessage msg, NetServer mainSocket) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMainNetworking.cs:line 110

Looks weird. Looks like a vanilla method crashed but there are mods involved. Can not tell which one. Could be Xskills related. Seems to be related to Meal blocks and Ground storage. Do you have any additional information what you were doing?

Just noticed this one in the console: (1.17.3 mp), xskills version 0.6.11

Spoiler
[Server Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.BlockCookingContainerPatch.Prefix(Boolean& __result, IWorldAccessor world, BlockCookingContainer __instance, ISlotProvider cookingSlotsProvider)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookingContainer.CanSmelt_Patch1(BlockCookingContainer this, IWorldAccessor world, ISlotProvider cookingSlotsProvider, ItemStack inputStack, ItemStack outputStack)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.canSmeltInput() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 553
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.canHeatInput() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 539
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.OnBurnTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 253
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:line 105
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerEventManager.cs:line 121
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line 765

On 9/18/2022 at 3:43 PM, Pamela Wild said:

When is the updated version coming out?

Does somebody else has  the problem that they can not distribute skill points?

I only heard about this problem from you and I still don't know what is causing it. As long as I don't know this, there's nothing I can do about it. 
I even tested it with all your installed mods and had no such issue.

I need a bit more information about your problem.
Do you play on a server or singleplayer?
Does the menu show up when you press the button? Do you earn experience and skill points? Can you click on the button to distribute skill points and it resets or can't you distribute points at all?

3 hours ago, Xandu said:

Does somebody else has  the problem that they can not distribute skill points?

I only heard about this problem from you and I still don't know what is causing it. As long as I don't know this, there's nothing I can do about it. 
I even tested it with all your installed mods and had no such issue.

I need a bit more information about your problem.
Do you play on a server or singleplayer?
Does the menu show up when you press the button? Do you earn experience and skill points? Can you click on the button to distribute skill points and it resets or can't you distribute points at all?

Singleplayer only.  Yes, the menu shows up. I can earn experience and skill points. I can click on the button, but nothing happens....or....I assign a point to one skill, but when I try to assign a point to another skill it takes away the one I just assigned.

2 hours ago, Pamela Wild said:

Singleplayer only.  Yes, the menu shows up. I can earn experience and skill points. I can click on the button, but nothing happens....or....I assign a point to one skill, but when I try to assign a point to another skill it takes away the one I just assigned.

Have you tried it on another map or with all other mods disabled?

OK, so I went into my game, deleted the profile and used the commands to "reload" the skills.  Everything now works fine, including the hot bar items not disappearing when you leave the game and come back in.  Not sure what happened with the old "profile", but everything is fine now.  Thanks for your patience in helping me figure this out.

13 hours ago, Pamela Wild said:

OK, so I went into my game, deleted the profile and used the commands to "reload" the skills.  Everything now works fine, including the hot bar items not disappearing when you leave the game and come back in.  Not sure what happened with the old "profile", but everything is fine now.  Thanks for your patience in helping me figure this out.

Thank you for letting me know that this fixed the issue. I'am still very confused about how this could cause this problem.

12 hours ago, Shaidyn said:

Sorry if this has been covered, but how do I go about upping the quality of my tools and items? Literally everything I make is a variety of "bad".

It's mainly skill and randomness. The ingredients also play an important role in cooking.

Hey,

I've been playing with my bud on a server I'm hosting and everything had been working fine, until today we installed expanded foods mod. My friend's effects, hud and any other element of xskills seems to be disabled. For some reason everything works fine on my end thou.

I've checked the logs and whenever he joins I get this message in server-main.log:

23.9.2022 19:21:01 [Event] Inoshi [*redacted ip stuff*] joins.
23.9.2022 19:21:02 [Error] Mod exception: OnPlayerNowPlayingSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   in ACulinaryArtillery.SimmerRecipe.ToBytes(BinaryWriter writer)
   in ACulinaryArtillery.RecipeUploadSystem.OnRecipeUploadCmd(IServerPlayer player, Int32 groupId, CmdArgs args)
   in Vintagestory.API.Common.PlayerDelegate.Invoke(IServerPlayer byPlayer)
   in Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerPlayerNowPlaying(IServerPlayer player) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerEventManager.cs:line 690
23.9.2022 19:21:02 [Error] Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   in ACulinaryArtillery.SimmerRecipe.ToBytes(BinaryWriter writer)
   in ACulinaryArtillery.RecipeUploadSystem.OnRecipeUploadCmd(IServerPlayer player, Int32 groupId, CmdArgs args)
   in Vintagestory.API.Common.PlayerDelegate.Invoke(IServerPlayer byPlayer)
   in Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerPlayerNowPlaying(IServerPlayer player)  in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerEventManager.cs:line 690

It is working fine with just the culinary artillery thou.

🤷‍♂️

• Confused 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.