Mark Watton Posted September 26 Report Posted September 26 Make animals hurt less to make early deaths less absolute nonsense. Give them armor penetration to keep them a relevant danger and an actual incentive for me to not dig a pit and pelt them with rocks instead of taming them.
Korzhikman Posted September 27 Report Posted September 27 Quote Make animals hurt less to make early deaths less absolute nonsense You chose to play hardcore wilderness survival game, where bears have reasonably high threat, because well, bears can mole people and pretty much anyone in their path IRL. Quote Give them armor penetration to keep them a relevant danger. Bears already have good damage tier(2) and a lot of armor would not be useful against them
Stevej018 Posted September 27 Report Posted September 27 just build three tall pillars with one space inbetween, and avoid living in the middle of a forest 1
Mark Watton Posted September 27 Author Report Posted September 27 (edited) 1 hour ago, Korzhikman said: You chose to play hardcore wilderness survival game, where bears have reasonably high threat, because well, bears can mole people and pretty much anyone in their path IRL. Bears already have good damage tier(2) and a lot of armor would not be useful against them Bears aren't my problem in the slightest. It's pigs, rams and wolves that kill me in two shots. Why does everyone I've interacted with act like bears are the problem? It makes SENSE to get mauled very easily by a bear. I should have an atleast SLIGHTLY better chance against the smaller animals, other than the massive boar perhaps. Even the surface bowtorn takes 3 shots to kill you completely unarmored. Edited September 27 by Mark Watton
Mark Watton Posted September 27 Author Report Posted September 27 (edited) 1 hour ago, Stevej018 said: just build three tall pillars with one space inbetween, and avoid living in the middle of a forest I don't want to have to cheese the game to have fun, man... As amusing as the "Rock hucking pit is." it gets a bit old, and I wish it was more feasible to go out and roleplay as a caveman hunting boar. I really don't mind getting stuck and killed by the occasional bear because I turned in the wrong direction, same for wolves if I walked right up on them stupidly. My issue is just how impossible it is to outrun these threats once you've been targeted. If you even accidentally run too close to an adult pig or other prey animal, the same thing happens, Two or three hits, and they are impossible to escape at sprinting speed unless you can find some terrain advantage to get them stuck on. Bears are also SLOW and VERY easy to escape. Why are all these goobers getting killed by bears? Edited September 27 by Mark Watton
Mac Mcleod Posted September 28 Report Posted September 28 Do you make and wear the makeshift crude armor? I always make it to protect myself from surprise wolf attacks. And the woods are deadly dark and deep. Humans really did a lot of "running animals off of cliffs" and "trapping them in pits and killing them" when all they had were rocks and spears. Many species (esp birds) are instinctively wired to flee if a human picks up a rock. That means enough humans killed them with rocks that it changed their genetics permanently.
Mark Watton Posted September 28 Author Report Posted September 28 (edited) 57 minutes ago, Mac Mcleod said: Do you make and wear the makeshift crude armor? I always make it to protect myself from surprise wolf attacks. And the woods are deadly dark and deep. Humans really did a lot of "running animals off of cliffs" and "trapping them in pits and killing them" when all they had were rocks and spears. Many species (esp birds) are instinctively wired to flee if a human picks up a rock. That means enough humans killed them with rocks that it changed their genetics permanently. Usually. My issue isn't so much dying immediately. It's being run down at full sprint after a wolf spots me from half a mile away, hits me once and then they have the same running speed as the player and a lunge attack. It's a similar problem with rams and pigs that decide I have decided upon death after running past within five blocks of them. You do have a point about the pits though I guess. I'll just have to start making caveman noises as I'm raining granite down upon the poor critters to amuse myself. Edited September 28 by Mark Watton 1
Recommended Posts