Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
42 minutes ago, Mark Watton said:

Untitled.png

Ooh nice farm set up. I am might have to try something like that in my world. Is the water reaching 3 blocks wide or is there water under the blocks to keep them moist if that makes sense?

Posted
38 minutes ago, VANTABlack2000 said:

Ooh nice farm set up. I am might have to try something like that in my world. Is the water reaching 3 blocks wide or is there water under the blocks to keep them moist if that makes sense?

It does reach 3 blocks wide, but it decreases incrementally by 25%. I'm gonna have to take out the 3rd farm row of each terrace to make channels of some sort. The biggest heartbreak is that you need rapid water to work a water-wheel. I really wanted to expand and make dual water-wheels on the outer side of the crops once I realized the moisturization drop.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Dilan Rona said:

there is a mod that i can recommend for the rapids if you are open to that idea, @Mark Watton

Sure. I've already got auto-panning.  Thus why I thought the comical amount of copper spears would be funnier than it seemed to be.

Edited by Mark Watton
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dilan Rona said:

https://mods.vintagestory.at/ndlrapids

https://mods.vintagestory.at/rapidsinbucket

Personally, I'd go with ndlrapids, but i'll leave that choice to you.

I'd agree if it didn't require steel... I'm gonna have to debate on just building a windmill or replacing a couple of the lake's source blocks because not being able to move source blocks is part of why I enjoy the game.

Edited by Mark Watton
Posted

well he did mention this as concept features, he might be open to the idea if you ask him

Quote

- Possible recipe change
     - I am unsure if I am happy with the cost for what this does yet, I want it to be fairly expensive given its allowing you to place rapids ANYWHERE in your world.....

And tbh, requiring steel for the recipe is a fair point, given it allows you to convert normal water to rapid. But I guess Iron would be a better choice, nothing lower than that though.

Posted (edited)

I ain't got iron either, but that's just cause I haven't gone looking for it. I was devastated when I learned that meteoric needs iron to harvest. I really am not invested enough to go tell him how I feel though. 

Edited by Mark Watton
Posted

i dont know. personally i'd go for the same tier as the waterwheel, and you can make the waterwheel hub with miron, iron, or steel only. so it makes sense to restrict to miron, iron, or steel for that weir.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Dilan Rona said:

i dont know. personally i'd go for the same tier as the waterwheel, and you can make the waterwheel hub with miron, iron, or steel only. so it makes sense to restrict to miron, iron, or steel for that weir.

Oh, then that makes sense then. My bad. I assumed the waterwheel could be made with bronze. Windmill it is then.

Edited by Mark Watton
Posted
5 hours ago, Mark Watton said:

It does reach 3 blocks wide, but it decreases incrementally by 25%. I'm gonna have to take out the 3rd farm row of each terrace to make channels of some sort. The biggest heartbreak is that you need rapid water to work a water-wheel. I really wanted to expand and make dual water-wheels on the outer side of the crops once I realized the moisturization drop.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the info. I like the idea of removing the 3rd rows and making it two wide.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.