VANTABlack2000 Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 42 minutes ago, Mark Watton said: Ooh nice farm set up. I am might have to try something like that in my world. Is the water reaching 3 blocks wide or is there water under the blocks to keep them moist if that makes sense?
Mark Watton Posted September 30 Author Report Posted September 30 38 minutes ago, VANTABlack2000 said: Ooh nice farm set up. I am might have to try something like that in my world. Is the water reaching 3 blocks wide or is there water under the blocks to keep them moist if that makes sense? It does reach 3 blocks wide, but it decreases incrementally by 25%. I'm gonna have to take out the 3rd farm row of each terrace to make channels of some sort. The biggest heartbreak is that you need rapid water to work a water-wheel. I really wanted to expand and make dual water-wheels on the outer side of the crops once I realized the moisturization drop.
Dilan Rona Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 there is a mod that i can recommend for the rapids if you are open to that idea, @Mark Watton
Mark Watton Posted September 30 Author Report Posted September 30 (edited) 1 minute ago, Dilan Rona said: there is a mod that i can recommend for the rapids if you are open to that idea, @Mark Watton Sure. I've already got auto-panning. Thus why I thought the comical amount of copper spears would be funnier than it seemed to be. Edited September 30 by Mark Watton
Dilan Rona Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 https://mods.vintagestory.at/ndlrapids https://mods.vintagestory.at/rapidsinbucket Personally, I'd go with ndlrapids, but i'll leave that choice to you.
Mark Watton Posted September 30 Author Report Posted September 30 (edited) 4 minutes ago, Dilan Rona said: https://mods.vintagestory.at/ndlrapids https://mods.vintagestory.at/rapidsinbucket Personally, I'd go with ndlrapids, but i'll leave that choice to you. I'd agree if it didn't require steel... I'm gonna have to debate on just building a windmill or replacing a couple of the lake's source blocks because not being able to move source blocks is part of why I enjoy the game. Edited September 30 by Mark Watton
Dilan Rona Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 well he did mention this as concept features, he might be open to the idea if you ask him Quote - Possible recipe change - I am unsure if I am happy with the cost for what this does yet, I want it to be fairly expensive given its allowing you to place rapids ANYWHERE in your world..... And tbh, requiring steel for the recipe is a fair point, given it allows you to convert normal water to rapid. But I guess Iron would be a better choice, nothing lower than that though.
Mark Watton Posted September 30 Author Report Posted September 30 (edited) I ain't got iron either, but that's just cause I haven't gone looking for it. I was devastated when I learned that meteoric needs iron to harvest. I really am not invested enough to go tell him how I feel though. Edited September 30 by Mark Watton
Mark Watton Posted September 30 Author Report Posted September 30 For what he's going for however, since I'm thinking about it. He could always make metal tiers with a durability that works like farming checks or something.
Dilan Rona Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 i dont know. personally i'd go for the same tier as the waterwheel, and you can make the waterwheel hub with miron, iron, or steel only. so it makes sense to restrict to miron, iron, or steel for that weir.
Mark Watton Posted September 30 Author Report Posted September 30 (edited) 15 minutes ago, Dilan Rona said: i dont know. personally i'd go for the same tier as the waterwheel, and you can make the waterwheel hub with miron, iron, or steel only. so it makes sense to restrict to miron, iron, or steel for that weir. Oh, then that makes sense then. My bad. I assumed the waterwheel could be made with bronze. Windmill it is then. Edited September 30 by Mark Watton
Dilan Rona Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 it used to. got changed with later versions of vintage story.
Mark Watton Posted September 30 Author Report Posted September 30 Just now, Dilan Rona said: it used to. got changed with later versions of vintage story. The devs confound me.
Dilan Rona Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 honestly, i would have gone with two tiers of water wheels, a slower one for normal water, that needs bronze. and a second tier that needs rapid water.
Dilan Rona Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 one mod that nailed the waterwheel perfectly is medieval expansion. 3 types of waterwheels, depending on how the water acts on the water wheel. https://mods.vintagestory.at/medievalexpansionpatch Use the patched version though, as the original has a rather nasty bug with the collision box with the aurochs.
Dilan Rona Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 this might help also. https://mods.vintagestory.at/recipeselectorfork
VANTABlack2000 Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 5 hours ago, Mark Watton said: It does reach 3 blocks wide, but it decreases incrementally by 25%. I'm gonna have to take out the 3rd farm row of each terrace to make channels of some sort. The biggest heartbreak is that you need rapid water to work a water-wheel. I really wanted to expand and make dual water-wheels on the outer side of the crops once I realized the moisturization drop. Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the info. I like the idea of removing the 3rd rows and making it two wide.
Recommended Posts