Sky Rose Posted September 29 Report Posted September 29 (edited) id like to pay whatever is a fair price i want to have this mod in game just want the ability to write like a sign but on glass kinda like how stores and shops do irl able to do different sizes for different lines would be nice also idk if it matters but id like it to be able to be posted here if other want it for rp and junk Edited September 29 by Sky Rose forgot the commision part
Xime Creature Posted Friday at 01:23 AM Report Posted Friday at 01:23 AM (edited) Hello, I figured that automatic chiseling could be an option but it would make things rather limited. (16x16 doesn't leave you much room). So I went for chisel-able transparent block (the glass once you've started chiseling it, without the borders) that could accept text in the exact same way as in-game signs. I went for that route because your image seems to want to be able to make more structured shopwindow and it was one or the other. I may look into the "normal" glass writing but your suggestions for recipes are welcome in such a case. So as of now, you can happily chisel on the glass if you want to make some details around or inside them. It will work on a modded server. Vintage Story has a decent way to make sure joining clients have them too, but in case of an issue, it may come from that. IG Recipes (added to the "H" manual) Glass (any color) + Chisel = Writable glass Writable glass + saw = 4 Shop Windows (kind of like making leaded glass panes) I've called it "Vitrine" for the french word for shopwindow. It would help you find all the recipes. the VTML label, on hover, will give you a reminder of the functions available from the native Vintage Story xml-based formatting language. • Caveats I may be able to fix but would take quite some work : - Written on the face you're facing with chalk / coal. You can write something on another face, but it would withdraw what is present on other sides. - I have included an option to easily put the symbol of what you're holding into your hand. I'm not sure how to add an arbitrary image such as the social network logos displayed on your screenshots - As said above, those are all "chiseled window", without borders. - Translated in french and english. - AI Notice, if it's important to you. I've made it with the help of the latest ai coding model (Codex Astra on Maximum, pro version). It's costly and I reviewed the code to be resilient and efficient and made sure that the usage scenarios correspond to usual gameplay mechanics. The AI notice is present in both Readme. I haven't ask for more languages because I couldn't review the translations but I've set up a guide to add your own languages in TRANSLATING.md My Ko-fi page is here : https://ko-fi.com/ximecreature But I strongly suggest you try it yourself before deciding on whether or not to pay, how much, and if you'd prefer to see another feature before making your decision. It's important that it suits your own use case. Have a nice day ! Try it : vitrine-1.0.0.zip Edited Friday at 01:26 AM by Maxime Fanna clarified zip position and encouraging testing before making payment decisions 2
Tj Pepler - Critcher Posted Friday at 03:29 AM Report Posted Friday at 03:29 AM You want a layer. It can be used for a million uses It's the same as in game moss, dirt and fungus layers. This doesn't require any code and is a basic system in the game. Layers can be applied to chiseled surfaces so you can apply it to thin windows, hanging signs, anything you want really. No charge or anything, this mod can be used and modified by anyone who wants it. Go into the mod, change the textures, make sure it's reversed like the existing signs and re zip or don't it's not really required, just don't keep the zip and the unzipped mod both in the folder, one or the other. Signs_1.0.0.zip 2
Dilan Rona Posted Friday at 08:23 AM Report Posted Friday at 08:23 AM between @Xime Creature and @Tj Pepler - Critcher, both beats what i got going by a mile. I sent mine straight to @Sky Rose though, along with source code. 1
Sky Rose Posted Friday at 12:38 PM Author Report Posted Friday at 12:38 PM AHHHHH wasnt seeeing notifications oh gods thats alot sorry everyone i went with dilan rona
Dilan Rona Posted Friday at 04:53 PM Report Posted Friday at 04:53 PM @Sky Rose, those two went through some effort to create the mods for you, the least you could do is to at least try them, and compare them to mine. Yes, I sent mine straight to you with source code. But as stated, they got elements that is superiour to my mod for you. Just my two cents. 1
Dilan Rona Posted Friday at 06:20 PM Report Posted Friday at 06:20 PM @Xime Creature, @Tj Pepler - Critcher. I'll try your versions and give feedback. 1
Solution Dilan Rona Posted Friday at 06:24 PM Solution Report Posted Friday at 06:24 PM (edited) Screenshots is my mod in action. Multiblock support, on custom glass, and glass slabs. Supporting both horizontal and vertical slabs. Unlike the other two mods, mine only uses one color at a time, and doesnt support pictures (both multicolor, and picture support were planned, but you both beat me to the punch on both counts). Edited Friday at 06:25 PM by Dilan Rona 1
Sky Rose Posted Friday at 09:05 PM Author Report Posted Friday at 09:05 PM ill try them sorry overwhelmed
Sky Rose Posted Saturday at 03:01 PM Author Report Posted Saturday at 03:01 PM okay so i tryed @Tj Pepler - Critcher Quote Quote i liked it but i am still prone to @Dilan Rona i like there mod abit better i dont really have a clear answer other then it works for what i needed, i still think its neat you can add logos to the mod by TJ Pepler but i used Dilans mod alot and it just feels right. thank you all for basically throwing mods at me, it was honestly not what i expected from my weirdly written post, truly thank you all, this has been one of the most interesting experiences online iv had
Sky Rose Posted Saturday at 03:02 PM Author Report Posted Saturday at 03:02 PM sorry idk how to remove quote stuff, i never posted here before and its a touch confusing
Dilan Rona Posted Saturday at 03:16 PM Report Posted Saturday at 03:16 PM you'll get better at it as you use it
Xime Creature Posted yesterday at 12:00 AM Report Posted yesterday at 12:00 AM (edited) On 10/3/2026 at 5:01 PM, Sky Rose said: okay so i tryed @Tj Pepler - Critcher i liked it but i am still prone to @Dilan Rona i like there mod abit better i dont really have a clear answer other then it works for what i needed, i still think its neat you can add logos to the mod by TJ Pepler but i used Dilans mod alot and it just feels right. thank you all for basically throwing mods at me, it was honestly not what i expected from my weirdly written post, truly thank you all, this has been one of the most interesting experiences online iv had Don't worry ! What matters is that you found something you feel comfortable with. It's not lost : I'll publish the mod after some reviews for others to use or if you want to get back to it. I do appreciate you took the time to test them to make a learned choice and to report back to us. I'll be honest, TJ Pepler's approach was rather clever and economic, I just went for another route with survival mode and crafting in mind. If it was any sort of competition, it was a very serious contender. The image thing was crazy good, though. I don't know how to do it on the top of my head, unless uploaded through the mod directly. Hats off to him ! @Dilan Rona: look into VTML in the library, multicolor / boldness / italic / sizes are already supported by VS and it may just be a merely question of going through an extra method to add that feature. Your screenshots are really convincing, I love the horizontal slabs idea and the multi face support ! Very convenient. Great job to you ! You deserve the part and thank for your fair-play in encouraging Sky Rose to try ours. You're a nice person and it makes you even more deserving. Happy games to you three ! Edited yesterday at 12:06 AM by Xime Creature
Dilan Rona Posted yesterday at 02:52 AM Report Posted yesterday at 02:52 AM I'll be publishing glass lettering myself as well. Havent gotten around to it yet with personal problems at the moment.
Dilan Rona Posted 23 hours ago Report Posted 23 hours ago Glass Lettering is live on moddb - https://mods.vintagestory.at/glasslettering @Sky Rose. 2
Recommended Posts