Primitive Survival

Spear and Fang

1 hour ago, Mineymonkey said:

Hey Spear and Fang, wanted to poke you about a crash I get running Wildcraft Fruit and Primitive Survival. I finally have been able to log in here, but Wildcraft Trees works with PS, just not fruit. Here's the pastebin with the log

https://pastebin.com/QJYG6z9m

Hi Mineymonkey,

The error message does indeed indicate that my mod is failing to render something in a tree hollow and crashing.  The problem is that I simply can't recreate the issue.  To expedite testing on my end I jacked up tree hollows a lot by editing my modconfig file

"TreeHollowsMaxPerChunk": 12,
  "TreeHollowsSpawnProbability": 0.5,

Then I created a new world with this loadout
primitivesurvival@3.4.5, game@1.19.3, herbarium@1.0.4, creative@1.19.3, survival@1.19.3, wildcraftfruit@1.1.0
I mucked with a lot of hollows, and no crash.

So I tried another new world with this loadout
primitivesurvival@3.4.5, game@1.19.3, herbarium@1.0.4, creative@1.19.3, survival@1.19.3,wildcrafttree@1.0.0
and once again, I mucked with a lot of hollows, and no crash.

My best guess is that the problem lies within your existing world, and it may be tricky to recover from this situation.  To confirm or deny this claim, you *could* start a brand new world and see if it crashes...

I read recent modDB comments for all the mods involved and did a quick dive into the json files for those other mods and can't find any other clues.  Tree hollows should be pretty far removed from those other mods, as I've already taken many steps to ensure this.

" failing to render something in a tree hollow and crashing"
for the record (and to clarify), this mod only ever puts vanilla items, items from this mod, and items from the old version of Wildcraft trees (if it's installed) in a tree hollow.  But that doesn't prevent another mod from modifying vanilla items in such a way that they would no longer render correctly in a hollow. 

Also, if your existing world used to include the old version of wildcraft trees and that same world now uses the new version of wildcraft trees, that could explain why it's crashing.

Edited by Spear and Fang
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.