Mods not showing up in mod manager

Josephyne

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've been playing for a while now and have recently decided to install some mods to make things a bit easier and more fun. Unfortunately I can't figure out how it all works, the mods don't show up in my mod manager or game. I tried the following:

- Re-install the game and adding the mods again

- Follow the how to install mods tutorial

- Install an earlier version of the game

What I did notice is that I chose a different folder to install than the original folder it suggested. The game works fine, only I now on my D-disk I have a folder for Vintage Story and in my appdata I have a folder for Vintage Story as well. They both contain a mods folder. When I click in game on "go to mods folder" it brings me to the appdata one, there are however no mods in there. The standards mods that come with the game are on the D-disk. I tried putting mods in both folders, but so far it gives no result. I'm getting a bit desperate, the answer could be really simple but I just can't figure it out. See added pictures for the folder locations. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Maybe someone could show me an example of what their mod folder looks like?

VS 1.PNG

VS 2.PNG

Unless you manually force a change in the mod folder path with a commandline argument, the only valid mod folder will be the one under %appdata%\VintageStoryData. The one that opens when you press the relevant button in the game. This is always true, regardless of where you installed the game.

If you have put mods there and they did not show up, then:

- Try closing the game client and starting it again

- Make sure you installed the mod correctly. Typically mods delivered as archives should not be extracted, but rather dropped in as-is. There should only be zip files inside the mods folder.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.