Composite crafting

AngryRob

Currently when we want to craft an item, it's either all metal, or a stick and metal. While the crafting system is similar to tinkers construct in that we have molds and alloys, we are missing one key element:composite materials. 

Tinkers construct had all sorts of options, from wooden to stone handles, paper handles, and all sorts of parts. Each part added a benefit to the tool as well. It added a lot of depth to the crafting system. I would love to see this in vintage story. Not only to make better tools, but to add variety to what we have. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 2:51 PM, AngryRob said:

Currently when we want to craft an item, it's either all metal, or a stick and metal. While the crafting system is similar to tinkers construct in that we have molds and alloys, we are missing one key element:composite materials. 

Tinkers construct had all sorts of options, from wooden to stone handles, paper handles, and all sorts of parts. Each part added a benefit to the tool as well. It added a lot of depth to the crafting system. I would love to see this in vintage story. Not only to make better tools, but to add variety to what we have. 

I don't know about what vintage story can add to the crafting system but I'm down for a Tinkers Construct mod for Vintage Story that would be awesome. I could finally make an unbreakable tool no more going through 9 flint axes or 3 metal axes to cut down a single 2x2 tree 1 tool and done would be great or at least the tool not break until the full tree is done being chopped down.

Edited by Sukotto82
tool was told for some reason

On 11/1/2020 at 5:36 PM, Sukotto82 said:

I don't know about what vintage story can add to the crafting system but I'm down for a Tinkers Construct mod for Vintage Story that would be awesome. I could finally make an unbreakable tool no more going through 9 flint axes or 3 metal axes to cut down a single 2x2 tree 1 tool and done would be great or at least the tool not break until the full tree is done being chopped down.

my understanding, is that the current system for crafting is a place holder, so we may very well see a tinkers construct method. Honestly i want to see a wood working mechanic similar to knapping where we whittle a handle out of stone, and then later on better wood working tools and maybe even a windmill lathe.... 

I do agree that we need better axes. it should not take a backpack of flint axes to take down an oak tree or a big pine.... 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.