Mushrooms

Fredrik Blomquist

I been thinking a little about the mushrooms, the fly agaric mushroom is pretty distinct in it´s looks, and anyone who lives where it grows knows it´s poisonous. It´s really easy to avoid it. It would be nice with other mushrooms that looks more similar to the eatable variants, like destroying angel. Guess you can still read the name of the mushroom in your inventory but it might make you want to check more carefully what you pick. Perhaps also a gyromitra that you need to parboil to make it eatable.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sengorn_Leopard said:

I would like to also see mushroom cultivation. Perhaps some rarer species one could collect, same as some love to hunt down and collect rafflesia flowers. 

I´m not sure if i like that. In order to plant them you need to transfer the mycelium. You also need the right kind of soil. There is a reason mushroom planting is hard, and why it never been practised historically. The thing i like with Vintage story is the aim for realism that minecraft never gone for. Sure, in some ways you might have to turn from realism, but this don´t feel like this an area where it´s needed.

Mushrooms have been cultivated as far back as 600 AD in china. I do believe realism isn't too big of a deal, we have magic gears and other distinct fantasy elements in the game already. I don't think it would be too much of a leap to simplify the mushroom growing process for the game by having lighting conditions and letting one transplant a mycelium infused dirt block. All of the "realistic" game features are already extremely over simplified.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.