block overlay while in inventory texture not working

Sukotto82

I'm rewriting my entire mod trying to get things working properly messing with stuff in mod folder only, even started a new test mod for testing how to get things working focusing on just 1 type of clay instead of rewriting all 15 types and all the claymolds clayforming and everything all at once I'm attacking it 1 small step at a time. and when working on the mod in the mod folder instead of within the games files directly I ran into an issue I never had before where a block will show proper texture when placed in the world but not when in you inventory or in the creative menu.

some feed back on this would be appreciated. thank you.

I tried both..

creativeinventory: { "general": ["*"], "terrain": ["*"] },
    replaceable: 700,
    resistance: 3.5,
    textures: {
        all: {base: "block/soil/basaltclay"},
        snowed: {base: "game:block/plant/grasscoverage/snow/normal"},
        specialSecondTexture: {base: "game:block/plant/grasscoverage/{grasscoverage}"}
    },
    texturesInventory: {
        down: {base: "block/soil/basaltclay"},
        horizontals: {
            base: "block/soil/basaltclay",
            overlays: ["block/plant/grasscoverage/inventory/side_{grasscoverage}"]
        },
        up: {
            overlays: ["block/plant/grasscoverage/inventory/top_{grasscoverage}"]
        }
    },

and 

creativeinventory: { "general": ["*"], "terrain": ["*"] },
    replaceable: 700,
    resistance: 3.5,
    textures: {
        all: {base: "block/soil/basaltclay"},
        snowed: {base: "game:block/plant/grasscoverage/snow/normal"},
        specialSecondTexture: {base: "game:block/plant/grasscoverage/{grasscoverage}"}
    },
    texturesInventory: {
        down: {base: "block/soil/basaltclay"},
        horizontals: {
            overlays: ["game:block/plant/grasscoverage/inventory/side_{grasscoverage}"]
        },
        up: {
            overlays: ["game:block/plant/grasscoverage/inventory/top_{grasscoverage}"]
        }
    },

I tried this one with game: for the overlays and specialSecondTextures: but neither of them worked but the block shows the textured just find in game. sorry the screen shot was taken as it was starting to turn night but the texture is correct on the blocks placed down but for some reason not for the inventory or creative menu or the handbook guid it just shows the white square with a red ?.

2020-12-26_15-04-12.png

claytest.zip

up to this point everything else seems to be working. I have not added the clay forming and recipes for the different molds and stuff with the new clay type yet but that's because I'm taking it one step at a time. after I solve this issue I'll add the other 14 clay types and if everything at that point is working then I'll start adding clay forming and recipes. but I'm trying to take it 1 step at a time and just get it working.

Edited by Sukotto82

On 12/26/2020 at 3:24 PM, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Try add game: to overlays.

I did. that's why I'm confused why it's not working. I updated the zip to the file with game: on the overlays when I first posted it, it was without game: on overlays because when game: didn't work I removed it to see if that worked but still didn't work but the one with game: is now placed I removed the one without game: on overlays.

thanks for helping out.

I took a short break from Kenshi and came back to what you said in a more literal since putting game: before overlays so this,

game:overlays: ["block/plant/grasscoverage/inventory/side_{grasscoverage}"]

instead of this,

and the one that literally puts game: before overlays: broke the whole so that the textures weren't even showing up when placed down so I reverted it back to,

it shows correctly on the ground when placed but still not in hand, inventory or creative menu.

Edited by Sukotto82

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.