Vine Growth

Lucas Miles

So me and a mate are doing a challenge in a cold temperature climate and have no access to cat tails. We have chalked it up to Linen as loot or vine for rope. My question is more or less does anyone know a good way to get linen seeds in a cold climate outside of vessels in ruins or do vines grow? If vines don't grow can anyone tell me of any mods that allow this please?

I can't find information on cooper's reeds not generating in colder biomes or even not growing if transplanted there (but the wiki page was updated last on dezember 7th, 2020).

Vines on the other hand seem to can only be found in warm, wet climate.

You should be able to find flax as a wild crop even in colder climates. Else you'd need to rely on killing drifters for flax fibre, but you can buy linen and flax twine from traders too.

40 minutes ago, Hal13 said:

I can't find information on cooper's reeds not generating in colder biomes or even not growing if transplanted there (but the wiki page was updated last on dezember 7th, 2020).

Vines on the other hand seem to can only be found in warm, wet climate.

You should be able to find flax as a wild crop even in colder climates. Else you'd need to rely on killing drifters for flax fibre, but you can buy linen and flax twine from traders too.

I appreciate it. Might not be generating in our specific areas which is weird. I am not sure if it's outdated mods but I'll look into that later.

22 hours ago, Hal13 said:

if you play with mods and suspect because of them no hives will generate, you could use the craftables mod from here and craft a hive with beeswax and honeycombs you bought from a trader to seed a beekeeping operation.

We did a full vanilla and no cat tails or berry bushes in cold temperature worlds where there are in normal temperatures. Flint is rare outside of sifting and only vines are available.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.