Windmill Too Fast?

Mikel Monleón

In my single player world the forge is powered by 4 full sets of sails and is built on a mountain near the build limit in a quite windy location. In terms of power one can't get it much better than this setup. And usually it powers only two helve hammers. I have never seen them stop while still engaged with the clutch.

If the windmill / machine stops, I suppose it is most likely because of insufficient power? Or you have made changes to the power train which have... "confused"?... the game and now the power train is broken?

If you really want to slow down the windmill, you can reduce the number of sails sets on the rottor (5 max).

So i'm guessing it's a bug? I have a large wooden gear that is splitting the power into different sections. The animation for the rotating axels is very fast. But as soon as I attempt to add another machine, it'll work briefly, working all the machines incredibly quickly, and then it just stops abruptly. I've tried removing and adding parts, but not sure what else to do to get it to work. At this point I can't even get a single machine to work...

Edited by Mikel Monleón

Ah, I've seen this before. It fixed itself after some tinkering with the power train parts, as you mentioned... Can you please try the following (as far as i remember):

1. Remove the gear which connects the large gear with the power train you will attach the new machine to (disconnect the new branch);
  2. Place the new machine.
  3. Put back the gear from pt. 1. If you have a clutch between the large gear and the new machine, make sure it is disengaged before doing so.
  4. Engage the clutch (if there is one).

Edit: If you don't have a clutch, try putting one.

Edited by Ivan Stamenov

Thanks for the help!

I had tried removing the large gear and placing it back, with the clutch disengaged and everything. I tried a million different things, couldn't get it to work. Turns out, having the power feed into the large gear from the top middle section of the wheel was causing it not to work. I am not sure if this is part of the game mechanic or a bug. I ended up moving things around, and it worked out.

Edited by Mikel Monleón

That's strange, in all my wind powered contraptions the large gear to whitch the machines are attached to is powered exactly from the top middle section... I suppose the problem should be rooted in the order in which the different parts are connected and engaged then... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nevermind, I am glad you had this one sorted out :)🍺

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.