Character HUD has vanished

ArchiTeller

So I tried to take a screenshot, couldn't get it taken but when I press C and the character HUD comes up. The part of it that shows what your diet has been of, and your temperature and all those things. It's just gone. I still can see the character section where you see your character and can change your armor and stuff, and I can see the date/time and weather section but I can't see the part where the diet and player information is. Is there a key to fix this. I don't know what to do.

• 1 year later...

Well, this post is really old, but just yesterday I got exactly the same bug after dragging UI sections around the screen. It can be fixed by deleting %APPDATA%\VintagestoryData\clientsettings.json and (optionally) it's backup file. After that, you will have to login to your Vintage Story account again, and all client settings will be reset to default (GUI layout, keyboard layout). No risk of damaging world. Google keeps this post at top when searching for this problem, so I hope this will be useful for someone who will have the same problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2022 at 7:22 AM, MadAlchemist said:

Well, this post is really old, but just yesterday I got exactly the same bug after dragging UI sections around the screen. It can be fixed by deleting %APPDATA%\VintagestoryData\clientsettings.json and (optionally) it's backup file. After that, you will have to login to your Vintage Story account again, and all client settings will be reset to default (GUI layout, keyboard layout). No risk of damaging world. Google keeps this post at top when searching for this problem, so I hope this will be useful for someone who will have the same problem.

I dont know why but i cant manage to make this work. I deleted the files and the backups files but the page for the diet it still not on my screen.. i dont know what to do

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.