Memories and finding them (inspired from we happy few)

Blue (battle berry)

for the game, you basically woke up without any memories, nor memories on the event i'll call the 'end of all of the world' which caused the temporal storms to start coming, but leaving you to rest while everyone else died from the creatures that came. and your character should be able to find photos floating in random locations, just like the masks in we happy few has it. maybe, the player might see a snippet of childhood or what you did before passing out while the rest of the world went to ruin. this might make it worth wile to go into a cave for the first time, or defeat your first drifter, or any firsts, or even found in random locations, making it worth while to explore more, or even finding them in areas you've been in before after your second time going through them, possibilities are endless!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 9:07 PM, Blue (battle berry) said:

you basically woke up without any memories, nor memories on the event i'll call the 'end of all of the world' which caused the temporal storms to start coming, but leaving you to rest while everyone else died from the creatures that came

That's not exactly right, you didn't sleep through the ages, you "enter the world" the temporal storms and monsters spawning only start again after the first seraph enters the world, after seemingly there weren't any seraphs in the world for a long time, the player character physically phases in ("enters the world") or out ("leaves the world") of existence when logging in or out of a world (which complains about being alone again).

the player might see a snippet of childhood or what you did before passing out while the rest of the world went to ruin.

Seraphs seem to be without sex, gender, age or permanent death, therefore i doubt they have a childhood. And in earlier loading screens it was mentioned that you flew from the ruin of a world (not necessarily the one you start in).

Therefore these firsts you mention aren't firsts, only maybe firsts in this world, and that these firsts would trigger memories of the actual first time, that may have been aeons before, i doubt.

making it worth while to explore more

you mean you need more external motivation to explore the world? Other than getting the right stone/wood to build something, finding more rare stuff, finding stuff you can't get in the climate you are currently in, finding landscapes you want to build something in, finding at least one of each trader type to get the uncraftable stuff, finding rare wallpapers and music discs, ...

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 2/22/2021 at 6:53 PM, Hal13 said:

That's not exactly right, you didn't sleep through the ages, you "enter the world" the temporal storms and monsters spawning only start again after the first seraph enters the world, after seemingly there weren't any seraphs in the world for a long time, the player character physically phases in ("enters the world") or out ("leaves the world") of existence when logging in or out of a world (which complains about being alone again).

Seraphs seem to be without sex, gender, age or permanent death, therefore i doubt they have a childhood. And in earlier loading screens it was mentioned that you flew from the ruin of a world (not necessarily the one you start in).

Therefore these firsts you mention aren't firsts, only maybe firsts in this world, and that these firsts would trigger memories of the actual first time, that may have been aeons before, i doubt.

you mean you need more external motivation to explore the world? Other than getting the right stone/wood to build something, finding more rare stuff, finding stuff you can't get in the climate you are currently in, finding landscapes you want to build something in, finding at least one of each trader type to get the uncraftable stuff, finding rare wallpapers and music discs, ...

I was thinking about replacing the old thing about 'flying in from another world' but we could also have it so it's memories of being shoved in a cryo pod.... I was possible in thoughts of a different story for version 1.14 or higher.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.