AR plants v1.0.11 [old: AR cotton]

AlphaRay

Actual features
- Cotton Plant  (9 growth stages; 6 day growth time)
- Cotton ball + seeds
- Cotton twine
- Cotton (fabric)
- Cotton sack

Coming soon

- Poultice and pressure bandage
- Waxed cotton (higher durability + waterproof)
- Waxed cotton food bag (increases freshness time)
- Cotton batting
- Cotton food bag
- Hemp plant
- Nettle plant

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download

IMPORTANT:   If you are using ARcotton you have to delete the ZIP-file in the mod folder before using ARplants!
                         By swapping from ARcotton to ARplants all existing cotton items
will be no more usable. Sorry for that!
                         See for the reason the News from 2021-03-04  [v1.0.11].

AR plants  v1.0.11

ARplants_1.0.11.zip  [Updated]
Languages:    EN,  DE, PL, SV, RU, UK

OLD
AR cotton v1.0.10
ARcotton_1.0.10.zip
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
News

2021-03-04  -  v1.0.11:
Updated the ZIP file (wrong type)

2021-03-04  -  v1.0.11:
- ARcotton is now ARplants!
- GOOD news for modder:   the "game:" for seeds and cotton cloth are no more necessery.  All ARplants-items are accessable with "arplants:"
- BAD news for actually players:  Because the fixing of the just mentioned problem, the currently existing elements are no longer found. I'm so sorry.. 😞
  GOOD news for players:  
In the same step with the correction, I decided to create additional plants! :)   That's the reason for renaming the mod.  Initially I wanted only to create cotton - but now i will add some more usable plants. 
  In the near future i will add -
among other
- hemp and nettle!  (i plan to bring them out this month)

2021-02-17  -  v1.0.10:
- DE language file repaired
- added languages:   SV, PL, RU, UK

2021-02-16  -  v1.0.9:
- Cotton plants are now spawning in the world correctly
- Cotton sack added  (based on linen sack)

Spoiler

grafik.png.fb00c9351e3a1eb0ebc688e34276fdc1.png

2021-02-15  -  v1.0.8:
First "functional" release.  Be free to test, comment and develop own recipes!
2021-02-14  -  v1.0.1:
I made my first mod today...now you can add cotton to your world  :)
First release - I recommend this version for testing + recipe-development only (!)

cotton_overview.thumb.png.97c214fa16a3c2fdd93b860d467b25cc.png

Vintagestory_zcW50kmdrV.thumb.jpg.f78e5a008f061e05ed53164026553a76.jpg

Linen (left) vs. Cotton

2021-02-15_21-23-07.thumb.png.19bf215f3a6a0356019c2f9df2af2731.png

Edited by AlphaRay
  • Like 6
  • Cookie time 1

• AlphaRay changed the title to AR Cotton v1.0.8
  • AlphaRay changed the title to AR Cotton v1.0.9
  • AlphaRay changed the title to AR Cotton v1.0.10

Could add some decorative blocks/items to the game made from cotton, such as blankets for beds, curtains for windows. just hanging sheer thingies like you see in desert houses in games. Pillows you could pile up and sit on.. Etc. There could be all sorts of neat stuff made with cotton.... You could also add Indigo to the game if it isn't already and we could make Blue jean type clothing lol.. those were around in the Victorian(steampunk) era, so it isn't far fetched. Since this game has a touch of Victorian stuff and will someday have steam power.

19 minutes ago, Avos Cast said:

Could add some decorative blocks/items to the game made from cotton, such as blankets for beds, curtains for windows. just hanging sheer thingies like you see in desert houses in games. Pillows you could pile up and sit on.. Etc. There could be all sorts of neat stuff made with cotton.... You could also add Indigo to the game if it isn't already and we could make Blue jean type clothing lol..

Some of this is planned - yes ;)  Actually working on stuff sack from waxed cotton + some clothes.  Bed stuff was also on my list :D  Filled with cotton balls or fleece.
About dyeing i was thinking yesterday. This ist not so easy, because the creating of the dye have to be implemented too.
It's a fresh mod and will be updated frequently ;)   I hope later for some recips from the community too.

Edited by AlphaRay
  • Like 1

That is really good to hear! I can't wait to see what you make!

I have been trying to teach myself how to make mods, and coding. Someday I shall make recipes that need cotton. I already have ideas for a million different things, once I learn how all the stuff works.

I am so glad to see so many active modders now.. a year ago when I got VS the modding scene seemed dead.

Edited by Avos Cast
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 10:55 AM, Craluminum said:

alternative recipes for when?

sail (for windmill ofc)

wooden bed

mining bag

I'm working 40 hours per week in front of a computer.  With working on the mod after work i had some days ~15 hours in total - that's nothing i can do every day ;)   Updates will come from time to time.

Windmill is aleady on my list :)  Bed-stuff will come together. Have some ideas for the hay bed tool.
Mining bag will come. Trying to make an food-only bag from waxed cotton actually - maybe only for starage like a chest, but with +xxx % freshness time because it's waxed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Craluminum said:

I can't add recipes with any item from your mod as ingredients, I wanna add cotton as alternative for Better Crates and etc., but it doesn't works because of poor code names

Have you added "arcotton:" to the item?   Try without.  The cotton-stuff is in "game:" domain.

Like in cottonsack.json:  cottontwine is in "arcotton:"  (i should maybe move all in game: ...)
The cotton*-blocks are all without prefix.
It can replace linen 1:1.

{
    ingredientPattern: "T    L",
    ingredients: {
        "T": { type: "item", code: "arcotton:cottontwine" },
        "L": { type: "block", code: "cotton-*" }
    },
    width: 1,
    height: 2,
    output: { type: "item", code: "cottonsack"  }
}

waxed cotton recipe (comes with next version):

"ingredients": {
            "C": { "type": "block", "code": "cotton-normal-down" },
            "W": { "type": "item", "code": "beeswax" }
        },

• Like 1

• AlphaRay changed the title to AR plants v1.0.11 [old: AR cotton]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.