Yo! some ideas and trying to gather feedback on what the community think of them!

Selzyr

Let me start with, thank you, to the VS team, and the community! very welcoming and I loved so far all the interactions I had with everyone both on Discord and on the servers I played.

Now, to the idea(s)

First one -

"Classes" should be trown out of the window, completly, from the get go, I never understood the reason it was called "classes" but after speaking with Tech_Rabbit.
he explained that, the base race of the game is "Seraph", that, makes sense, if you look at it base game wise, I plan with this idea to expand on this! and improve on what the game could be!

Now, we got xskills, a VERY cool mod, the base idea of this would change the order of character creation, you start by picking the "class" in the case, this would be renamed to "Race" now wait out, I get it, some people will go "this isn't a fantasy game!" or "I don't like that you wanna add fantasy races!"
the Core is, the base mod will have only the Seraph, the default race, each current class would/could be renamed to a "sub race" having different pros and cons, like we currently have, and this mod could be expanded with mini sub mods to add more races for different servers/types of servers, allowing people to add/create more races depending of what they want to do!

Xskills mod would compliment this, since it add "passives" that can improve your character further, the "sub race" would be what gives you a identity.(or a totally different look, depending on the server other races implemented with the system I described first.)

(yes, there could be a default "sub race" like we have the commoner that isn't good at anything but isn't bad at anything, I'd call that the "Seraph" and the other sub types of Seraphs, could have different names, like "Blackguard" or "Forlorn")

Edit - the reason I said we should change the order of what appears first on the character creation(instead of appearance first, to appear the Race(Class) first, would be to allow people to pick up their Race/Sub race first, and then appearance, allowing people to then, modding wise, make so different races/sub races could have different customization aspects, hair color, skin color, etc.)

Second one -

reserved(gotta poke around)

Third one -

reserved(gotta poke around)

Edited by Selzyr

Tbh, I don't understand the need to not call it Classes.
Lore-wise, I'm pretty sure we do not have other races, at least not for the player character. And what you're describing could just as well (and better?) be a class or origin. Blackguards for instance would be an origin - someone who came from being a blackguard before. That's not a race - but they could still have different characteristics, like slightly different skin tones from let's say hunters, due to their different amounts of time spent outdoors, or something like that.
I'd recommend to check the lore in-depth, you can find a full document of all lore we know of so far pinned in the lore channel in the discord ;)

I like the idea to make it possible for modders to intervene into the system and add more classes and specifically more class-relevant characterisations, though.

• Like 1

This is more so people can build other types of servers, not all mods gotta be Lore wise in my opinion.
and not calling it classes opens more possibilities for other mods to expand on a proper class system, or classes system like Xskills mod, again, the "races" would work much like the current class system we have, each Race/Sub Race would have pros and cons, different costumization options would unlock/change depending of the Race/sub race picked.

o. o/

Edited by Selzyr

In that case, what you're suggesting would be adding another different layer to the customisation :)
Because it would keep the classes - also as a way for other mods to use them - but add another step before that, namely, a race choice. That would also enable a connection between the two choices as seen in many other games, where certain classes are only available to certain races.

pretty much, on a default setting without xskills, yes, the base class system could still be there, Races/Sub Races would add another layer to have pro's and con's based on them, with xskills implemented on the server the class system would be gone completly and would be more based on "if I pick X race, I'd have X and Y con's on this, but I'd be good on X and Y, so ima go X or Y on the skill working to be good at those."

lets say, someone adds a "Dwarf type race" with sub races(that aren't important atm), example, and using a default fantasy race here, that race would be, example again, be good at mining and take less hits on the temporal stability, but they would be crap at farming/Lurberjacking, mostly because they are more a "Metal focused" race.(this is just an example mind you)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.