World upgrade problems (from version 1.13.4 to 1.14.8)

pvh1987

I just downloaded Vintage Story version 1.14.8 and when I opened up my world, I was asked to let the game automatically backup and then remap my world for it to work properly with the new version (I used 1.13.4 before). I noticed that my tin bronze sword is not a sword anymore, as shown in the attached screenshot.

I have tried to save and leave the world, then load it again, several times. I am told yet again that my save game was created with an older version and should be backed up and remapped. But I am pretty sure I just did that...

A backup is created every time, so I think the problem is only the remapping.

As far as I remember, when I upgraded from 1.12.14 to 1.13.4, I was told after a while that the remapping was done. Nothing was visible broken at any time back then. Now I have been in the game for at least 15 minutes and the sword is still gone - and it still thinks it is an old world when loading up the world again.

I am not using any mods, by the way. Also, I am using the Linux version, if that matters. I did not run the install script but just unpacked the tar.gz into /opt/vintagestory like I did with the earlier versions.

To me, it looks like a bug, but nevertheless, I would like to know if I can do anything to fix the problem myself for the time being, like editing some files manually?

Thanks in advance 🙂

tinbronze-sword.png

22 hours ago, pvh1987 said:

I just downloaded Vintage Story version 1.14.8 and when I opened up my world, I was asked to let the game automatically backup and then remap my world for it to work properly with the new version (I used 1.13.4 before). I noticed that my tin bronze sword is not a sword anymore, as shown in the attached screenshot.

I have tried to save and leave the world, then load it again, several times. I am told yet again that my save game was created with an older version and should be backed up and remapped. But I am pretty sure I just did that...

A backup is created every time, so I think the problem is only the remapping.

As far as I remember, when I upgraded from 1.12.14 to 1.13.4, I was told after a while that the remapping was done. Nothing was visible broken at any time back then. Now I have been in the game for at least 15 minutes and the sword is still gone - and it still thinks it is an old world when loading up the world again.

I am not using any mods, by the way. Also, I am using the Linux version, if that matters. I did not run the install script but just unpacked the tar.gz into /opt/vintagestory like I did with the earlier versions.

To me, it looks like a bug, but nevertheless, I would like to know if I can do anything to fix the problem myself for the time being, like editing some files manually?

Thanks in advance 🙂

tinbronze-sword.png

Hello ! Could you try the following command :

/fixmapping applyall

It should remap all the items and such . I'm not quite sure if you need to restart the world after the end of the remap tho .

23 hours ago, Ivan Stamenov said:

As it is kind of a big leap from 1.13.4 to 1.14.8, you may first try upgrading to 1.14.0, see if everything works, and then move another step towards 1.14.8?

Thanks 🙂 I had to do several attempts. Going from 1.13.4 to 1.14.0 to 1.14.4 and then 1.14.8 solved the problem. Oddly enough, it did not ask to backup and remap when going from 1.14.4 to 1.14.8.

Here is what I tried:

1.13.4 -> 1.14.0    works fine and reloads world just after backup/remap
1.13.4 -> 1.14.8    endless backup/remap loop, sword is corrupted
1.14.0 -> 1.14.4    works fine and reloads world just after backup/remap
1.14.0 -> 1.14.6    endless backup/remap loop, but sword is fine
1.14.0 -> 1.14.8    endless backup/remap loop, but sword is fine
1.14.4 -> 1.14.8    did not ask to backup/remap but seems to work fine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.