BlockEntity redraw only happens after a player interaction update

Hi 

I am making a drying mat for my mod and I think I have found an issue with the base API where when an item transforms inside of a BlockEntityDisplay the item displayed will only update if a player interaction update happens. I have tested this will the default shelf also and it is the same where the bread has rotted by it is still displaying bread. I have tried calling make dirty on both the slot inside of the OnTransitionNow and on a repeating method inside the block entity but no change. I had a quick look in the currents bugs and couldn't see this listed so want to check with other modders before submitting it as a bug. 

Anyone else seen this issue. 

Yeah I've seen exactly that.  A lot of my contraptions are based on the Display Case/Shelf code, and broke with the 1.14.8 release.  I believe I fixed it by adding this to my BlockEntities.

public override void FromTreeAttributes(ITreeAttribute tree, IWorldAccessor worldForResolve)
{
	base.FromTreeAttributes(tree, worldForResolve);
	if (Api != null)
	{
		if (Api.Side == EnumAppSide.Client)
		{ Api.World.BlockAccessor.MarkBlockDirty(Pos); }
	}
}

Edited by Spear and Fang

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.