new Assetlocation Problems

Karkic

Hi I'm currently having trouble with understanding how to link a asset location. When I try to create an item stack of a modded item it returns Item Stack not found. A vanilla item works when called.

modid is test

public override WorldInteraction[] GetPlacedBlockInteractionHelp(IWorldAccessor world, BlockSelection selection, IPlayer forPlayer)
        {
            return new WorldInteraction[]
            {
                new WorldInteraction()
                {
                    ActionLangCode = "Add Paperx8",
                    MouseButton = EnumMouseButton.Right,
                    HotKeyCodes = new string[] {"sprint", "sneak" },
                    Itemstacks = new ItemStack[] { new ItemStack(world.GetItem(new AssetLocation("paper")), 8) }//item not found
                }

}.Append(base.GetPlacedBlockInteractionHelp(world, selection, forPlayer));
	}

the item.json file is located assets/paper/itemtypes/paper.json

{
  "code": "paper",
  "class": "PaperItem",
  "creativeinventory": {
    "general": [ "*" ]
  },
  "texture": {
    "base": "item/paper"
  }
}

help would be apricated on how to create an asset location for any modded object.

Edited by Karkic

Itemstacks = new ItemStack[] { new ItemStack(world.GetItem(new AssetLocation("paper")), 😎 }//item not found

If that line above works with vanilla items, then prefix paper with your modid + : (look in your modinfo.json for your modid) and see if that fixes it...i.e.

Itemstacks = new ItemStack[] { new ItemStack(world.GetItem(new AssetLocation("mymodid:paper")), 😎 }//item not found

Edited by Spear and Fang
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Spear and Fang said:

Itemstacks = new ItemStack[] { new ItemStack(world.GetItem(new AssetLocation("paper")), 😎 }//item not found

If that line above works with vanilla items, then prefix paper with your modid: and see if that fixes it...

Itemstacks = new ItemStack[] { new ItemStack(world.GetItem(new AssetLocation("mymodid:paper")), 😎 }//item not found

thank you for helping me. the main issue was I didn't have the blocks/items under the correct folder in assets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.