Torque to electricity

Inki_Unku

Greetings!  Just thought I'd throw this out there.  I might take a shot at this on a future date if I'm still stuck inside, but for now my weekend wanes.

Concept Overview:

Windmill -> Axle -> Rotor -> Cable -> Battery -> Cable -> (whatever machines are desired)

The video that inspired this thought train:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQyamjPrw-U

This whole idea could be simple, or quite complex depending on how much effort one wants to put into it.  The shaft mentioned at the 1 minute mark would be conceptually what connects to the axle.  I believe overall this would lead nicely into post steel content.

Component Ideas:

Cable:

Glass, as a non-conductive material, can be used to coat copper wires (or ingots, pending on how detailed one wants to be).  This process could be as simple as: [G = glass block, CI = copper Ingot]

G  G  G

CI CI CI   = X-Cables, where X is whatever the balanced number is decided to be

G  G  G

in a grid, or more complex if other materials such as wires and glass tubes are made.

Magnet:

Magnets, a needed component for a rotor, can be made as simple as hanging a steel ingot vertically for a week (tool rack?).  The following page has a few fun ways to create a magnet from a steel ingot:

https://commons.princeton.edu/josephhenry/permanent-magnet/#:~:text=Take%20two%20magnets%20put%20one,will%20become%20a%20permanent%20magnet.

Rotor:

In the spirit of keeping things simple [M = Magnet, CI = Copper Ingot (wire), II = Iron Ingot (rod), Cbl = Cable (the output), W = Wood (planks, casing, a chest?)]

M     CI   M

Axle  II   Cbl

W     CI  W

The center column would be to represent the copper solenoid.   Hopefully I have this right, not an electrical engineer!

Battery:

A Voltaic Pile could be made with (ZP = Zinc Plate, L = Linen, CP = Copper Plate)

ZP   ZP   ZP

L      L     L

CP   CP  CP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaic_pile

If one desires to make this a bit more complex, this could be a multi block structure where a stack of these would create a larger storage that scales with the amount of stacks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inki_Unku said:

Greetings!  Just thought I'd throw this out there.  I might take a shot at this on a future date if I'm still stuck inside, but for now my weekend wanes.

Concept Overview:

Windmill -> Axle -> Rotor -> Cable -> Battery -> Cable -> (whatever machines are desired)

The video that inspired this thought train:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQyamjPrw-U

This whole idea could be simple, or quite complex depending on how much effort one wants to put into it.  The shaft mentioned at the 1 minute mark would be conceptually what connects to the axle.  I believe overall this would lead nicely into post steel content.

Component Ideas:

Cable:

Glass, as a non-conductive material, can be used to coat copper wires (or ingots, pending on how detailed one wants to be).  This process could be as simple as: [G = glass block, CI = copper Ingot]

G  G  G

CI CI CI   = X-Cables, where X is whatever the balanced number is decided to be

G  G  G

in a grid, or more complex if other materials such as wires and glass tubes are made.

Magnet:

Magnets, a needed component for a rotor, can be made as simple as hanging a steel ingot vertically for a week (tool rack?).  The following page has a few fun ways to create a magnet from a steel ingot:

https://commons.princeton.edu/josephhenry/permanent-magnet/#:~:text=Take two magnets put one,will become a permanent magnet.

Rotor:

In the spirit of keeping things simple [M = Magnet, CI = Copper Ingot (wire), II = Iron Ingot (rod), Cbl = Cable (the output), W = Wood (planks, casing, a chest?)]

M     CI   M

Axle  II   Cbl

W     CI  W

The center column would be to represent the copper solenoid.   Hopefully I have this right, not an electrical engineer!

Battery:

A Voltaic Pile could be made with (ZP = Zinc Plate, L = Linen, CP = Copper Plate)

ZP   ZP   ZP

L      L     L

CP   CP  CP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaic_pile

If one desires to make this a bit more complex, this could be a multi block structure where a stack of these would create a larger storage that scales with the amount of stacks.

Feature to use 9 full stacks of items in the crafting grid allows you to use more compact recipes, like:

x64 x64 x64

x64 x64 x64

x64 x64 x64

= x1 item

I disagree with the recipes above. I'm believing into uselessness of these recipes, since the balance of this game is completely different than minecraft. Also this topic most suitable for Mod Development category, because the developers didn't say what they were planning electricity.

Btw, I'm reading a lot about the production of aluminum now, this is a very complex process (Bayer process + Hall–Héroult process), because even for such a simple thing, you need to add a lot of multiblocks, which sooner or later will definitely should to be added (I'm only talking about a hypothetical tech mod). For example, an electrolyzer is a useful thing even without aluminum. Luckily, all the necessary materials are already in the game (but there is no ore for soda etc., some materials could be gained through "ore washing machine" or in a more immersive way with more chemical formulas and mooore multiblocks)

Edited by Craluminum
  • Like 1

I agree with both posts here. a good torque to electricity system, and more multiblock structures, are what we need. 

Considering that this is trying to be the next minecraft, and minecraft is STILL in development, i have a suspicion that we will have to wait a bit for some features. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.