Chute and chute systems

Chanelle Granlund

How do I place elbow chutes sideways? I have a mill powered from below with four hoppers with and chests below them. I would like to connect the output to one chest. But if I can’t connect them with the elbow then I can’t go around corners. Do I have to use the 3way chute? But it costs an extra ingot :( I also want to send the output from my pulverizer to the top of the floor instead of having to go underneath the building

28 minutes ago, Chanelle Granlund said:

How do I place elbow chutes sideways? I have a mill powered from below with four hoppers with and chests below them. I would like to connect the output to one chest. But if I can’t connect them with the elbow then I can’t go around corners. Do I have to use the 3way chute? But it costs an extra ingot :( I also want to send the output from my pulverizer to the top of the floor instead of having to go underneath the building

Currently it's impossible to place elbow chutes sideways, use 3 way chute instead (yes, it costs an additional ingot, but there is no other way). Use Archimedes screw to transport items from bottom to top

Edited by Craluminum

Yep, gotta use 3 way elbows for those corners. Here's a great video on how to build a fully automated quern - even shows the angles you need to use when placing down the chute pieces.

As for transporting things up: Archimedes Screws with ports on the top & bottom and a powered axle going thru.
image.thumb.png.4a345fe074901f94ac1de89abc8f35b4.png

Note that you need to stick a block (or axle) on the top end of your screw shaft for items to go out the side. Otherwise they just bubble out at the top.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.