Engraving Blood runes to enchant items.

AngryRob

If an enchanting system were to be implemented, then instead of one where you use a gem or green orbs to add an attribute, I propose engraving special runes on the equipment, then smearing the blood of an animal on it. The more powerful the enchantment, then the longer the runes and the higher level the creature blood. 

Now, runes will be a little different than the other voxel based crafts. In those if you made a mistake you would know, and have to either use a new ingot, or remove claw, etc etc. NOT WITH RUNES. If you miss spell one of those, you will not find out until you dip it in blood. A miss spelled rune will curse the item. Cursed items can be as simple as not being durable, to drinking the blood of whoever holds it, to be temporally unstable. Blessed items could be on fire, glow in the dark, be poisonous, heal, scare away wolves and drifters, and other things. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RobinHood said:

And what about a magic wand -
Magic wand for lightning - powerful weapon that does trigger a lightning. It injures nearby enemies, animals. But it should be very expensive to build this and to trigger a lightning.

I was thinking that the blood altar should be a multiblock structure, so maybe also have elemental altars? each one built in a certain place? the most dangerous one would be a dark altar, which has to be built in utter darkness. So a storm altar with a giant copper rod that would strike it when the weather permits? 

• Like 1

You know, at first i was like "meh" but then thinking about it, having a magic wand would be interesting, furthermore if a mistake was made in the runes, it would just kill you outright. Plus s lightning rod would be dangerous in the water or rain, and a fire rod would be dangerous around flammable things. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.