Can i Run Vintage Story on my computer?

Alive

2 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I play a bit above medium and use the Volumetric Shading mod with a few features turned off (not SSR, though).

Wow! THAT is really good. Average start of the adventure with take-off, an addition to the purchase of an optional equipment model, graphic details. How many fps do you have? 

2 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Depends on how many trees there are, but around 45 FPS usually with the occasional dip that I seem to get in every game.
I also have Vintage Story on an SSD, if that helps.

I don't have an SSD, but I don't think it will make any difference at the moment. And do you see the big difference in graphics between medium and high settings? Is this a huge difference?

Just now, l33tmaan said:

I haven't really tried to push a lot of the settings to the max since I'm not a big fan of depth of field or bloom.
Love me some god rays, though. You can play around with a lot of the settings to find what works for you.

Thank you very much for your help. I'm going to buy the game, so I don't want to be disappointed that it won't work for me. I do not know what it matters, but The Witcher 3 works very well at least at 50 fps at maximum settings, so I try to compare it to it, although I know that it is a completely different optimization. I am a bit sad that there is no other payment option. I value security very much, and it worries me a bit about entering the card details. Are you able to recommend me any mods I need to have :)?

Fortunately, they seem to have a pretty lenient refund policy here, so if you have technical issues you should be able to get your money back. It sounds like you should be able to run it, at least.

As for mods, I can't really recommend anything without knowing what you like. Except StepUp. StepUp is great. Play the game for a few hours, browse the ModDB and get mods that look essential to you, then play for a few dozen more hours and go grab some more, having greater experience with the game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, CarryCapacity is pretty good, too. That and StepUp should both be in the base game, IMO.

Edited by l33tmaan

3 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Fortunately, they seem to have a pretty lenient refund policy here, so if you have technical issues you should be able to get your money back. It sounds like you should be able to run it, at least.

As for mods, I can't really recommend anything without knowing what you like. Except StepUp. StepUp is great. Play the game for a few hours, browse the ModDB and get mods that look essential to you, then play for a few dozen more hours and go grab some more, having greater experience with the game.

I understand. I am from Poland, therefore my bill will also be in PLN. Hope there should be no problem with the return. Do you have any screenshots from the game? How does it look like in this fashion?

The goblins are totally from a mod, the only enemies in this game are wildlife on the surface (mostly wolves), and drifters. There's some nastier stuff if you go cave diving, but that's mostly what there is right now. I can think of 4 mods that add new enemies:

Goblins (only on the forums)
Dangerous Waters
The Neighbours
CoB Bandits

The Golden Wolf is also a companion mod, although I haven't tried it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.