A few small suggestions

Fredrik Blomquist

Might as well drop a few of the suggestions i been thinking about while playing the game. They might not be super important, but some would be really easy to implement, while others would be more complicated. I will start:

1. It would be nice if brown coal and turf would be more realistic and would need to be dried out before use. If would not make to much grinding difference, since you would be able to stack them up and just wait. Probably you would need to keep them under roof if its raining or snowing outside. Not sure if similar should be added to regular wood. It would make the game harder. You can burn fresh wood if you got temperature high enough, but it will loose a lot of its effect.

2. rocks and panning. I know others have suggested more variety while panning, but i might as well bring it up. I think it would be nice if panning would reflect what minerals can be found in neighbouring rocks. That way panning would work a simple form of prospecting. I also think you should be able to find some stones from neighbouring regions and not only the one your in. That could work as an indicator of neighbouring regions. After all, you rarely only find one sort of stone in an area. I live on an island made entirely of limestone (well 80 %, most southern part is sandstone), but on all of the island you find glacial deposits of other kind of stone. It might be hard to duplicate a real life distribution of stones, but some intermix would be nice.

3. Partially as the same, it would be nice if you could find some surface stone that is not the same as the top layer from neighbouring regions. Also, i do think flint is way to common, there should be regions without flint. I can see it making sense in making early game easy, but after all, there are other stones that can be knapped. On that issue i feel that the stones to be able to be knapped should be changed. Granite, andersite and peridote are not good materials. Quarts is a much better napping material. And slate is quite useful for stone tools despite being pretty soft. It's not only the hardness of the stone that does it, its how the structure of the stone is oriented and how sharp you can make the tools.

4. I think the firestarter should not work lighting brown coal and black coal. You should need to start with sticks or wood and then put the coal inside once the temperature is high enough. Other than that its down to how fast you are able to ignite the material. Would be nice with some difference there.

5. When i started playing this game i didn't know that throwing you spear cause double damage. I'm really bad at aiming with the spear, so i never bothered to learn and figured, irl holding your spear would be the best defence strategy defending from a wolf. You would not throw your spear away. Later i learned about the half damage, but i still feel reluctant to use my spear that way. Been thinking about making a new spear - calling the old one javelin. It would be doing as much damage stabbing (perhaps a little more, not sure what balance is best), but can´t be thrown. On a neighbouring thought that perhaps should be a to hand weapon. It would be interesting if you would have to choose between light or spear. That might start become complicated, and i know a lot of people suggested shields which i would like so i guess that might be something for a future mayor weapons update. After all, i would also really like to see a crossbow in the game in the future.

• Like 4
  • Cookie time 1

I forgot one other thing - wolves. Now, i know that the IA is hard to work out, and the game should't be easy, but i have how wolfes charges suicidally at you. It doesn't work with wolves behaviour at all, or any animal for that matter. I would prefer if there danger was more lurking. What if they would be more likely to attack you if you where wounded or unarmed? More likely to attack in packs? Right now the best way to kill them is to lure them into water. What it they didn't follow seraphs into water to attack them at all? They could still follow rabbits but know that seraphs put up a fight and that following them there would be a bad idea. 

• Like 4

Big up for the samples of other surrounding rocks when panning. Great idea.

About the wolves, instead of heading toward the nearest lake, I imagined that if you can happen to run toward poultry or rabbits, the wolf would automatically "exchange" his prey, and forget about you.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.