New Update - new Savegame required?

Stew

Hello dear Community,

with the latest updates i didn't have to start a new savegame. Will I ever have to start a new savegame because of an game-update?

I took a lot time into chisseling my house and I don't want to loose it.

Unless the update is specifically marked as save-breaking, you will never have to start a new world.

However, keep in mind that you may have to travel quite a bit to experience all new content. Things added by the update that generate with the world, such as prettier jungles, new flowers and rare trees, and so on, will only appear in terrain that is generated after updating. That means: places you have never been before. You will not see these features appear around your established home.

• Like 1

You can discard and regenerate chunks with an ingame command. But it only does an area centered on your position. If you were to perform the chunk regeneration in range of your own base, it would be committed to the void, and you'd get a virgin, untouched landscape instead - the same as if you had started a new world with the same seed.

What you would need is affect everything except an area centered on you, which is the exact inverse, and there's no way to pull that off. With good reason, too - such a command could potentially affect a near-unlimited amount of chunks, and might freeze the world for hours (or, more likely, run out of memory and crash and corrupt the world in the process).

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.